Educational Group Presentations
Specially trained speakers are available to discuss the following topics:
- What is Alzheimer’s disease and how is it different from other related disorders?
- How is Alzheimer’s disease diagnosed?
- Is Alzheimer's disease hereditary?
- What is the difference between Alzheimer's disease and normal memory loss?
- What are the signs, symptoms and stages of Alzheimer's disease?
- What is the latest research on Alzheimer's disease and other dementias?
- How does one best communicate with an individual with Alzheimer's?
- What can one do to help a family or friend with Alzheimer's disease?
- What are some strategies for nurturing the caregiver? The patient?
- What are the community resources available?
- What are the programs and services of the Alzheimer’s Association Orange County Chapter?
Presentations available in Spanish, Vietnamese and Japanese to all groups, clubs and organizations; professional associations; businesses; churches; schools; police and fire departments; healthcare professionals...any group interested in learning more about Alzheimer's disease and the Alzheimer's Association, Orange County Chapter.
Four-week advance notice is necessary. Although there is no charge for speakers, donations made to the Association are welcome.
For more information or to schedule a speaker for your group, call Kari Walker at 949.757.3724