We offer several educational programs for families and individuals facing Alzheimer’s, as well as community members. Most of these programs, described below, are free of charge.
Family caregiver series
• Caregiver Essentials / Caregiver Fundamentals Series - This series provides monthly education and support programs for people caring for loved ones with a variety of illnesses and disabilities.
• Healthy Brain Strategies - This program is presented from the biopsychosocial model. This approach focuses on preserving/maintaining your brain health by talking about the biological, the body, how the brain and heart are connected; the psychological, the brain, how it works and changes with age; and the social, the person, how social connections and emotional health affect your brain.
• Maintain Your Brain: How to live a brain healthy lifestyle - If you are a Baby Boomer or Active Senior concerned about brain health, this workshop is for you!
• Step By Step: The Journey with Alzheimer's - The Key: By taking steps to plan ahead and prepare for the changes Alzheimer's brings, families can chart a journey that eases the rough spots and fosters pleasant memories along the way. You are not alone...we are here to help.
• Support Group Facilitator Training - Learn helpful information that will help you become an effective support group facilitator.
What is Alzheimer's Disease?