You are not alone. Whether you need information about early-stage caregiving, middle-stage caregiving, or late-stage caregiving, the Alzheimer's Association is here to help.
Get the emotional support you need
The Oregon Chapter has many support groups, at various times and locations. To see if there is a group close to you that fits your needs, call us at 1.800.272.3900.
Click here for a list of Alzheimer's Association support groups in Oregon.
Monthly Support Group for People with Alzheimer's
Do you have a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease or related dementia? Are you in the Early Stages of the disease? Are you interested in talking to other people who are experiencing Alzheimer’s? If your answer to these questions is yes, please join our Monthly Support Group for People with Alzheimer’s. Care partners are welcome.
- Portland support group meets the 3rd Monday of each month. Beaverton support group meets the 2nd Thursday of each month.
Please call Julia at 503-416-0205 for details about Portland and Beaverton support groups
- Eugene support group meets the 3rd Wednesday of each month. *This group is currently closed for registration. Interested individuals/families should call the number below to be placed on a waiting list.*
Please call 541-345-8392 for details about the Eugene group
- Central Oregon support group meets in Redmond the 3rd Wednesday of each month.
Please call Nicole at 541-678-3725 for details about the Central Oregon group
Telephone Caregiver Support Group
The Alzheimer's Association provides a Telephone Caregiver Support Group for caregivers and individuals with Alzheimer's disease and related dementias. The purpose is to reach those caregivers who could benefit from a support group, yet find it difficult to travel to a meeting site. The meeting is the first Monday of every month, from 3 pm to 4:30 pm Central Time. The group is designed to:
- provide emotional, educational, and social support for caregivers through regularly scheduled meetings
- help participants develop methods and skills to solve problems
- encourage caregivers to maintain their own personal, physical, and emotional health
Call 1-800-272-3900 for more information about joining the Telephone Caregiver Support Group! Contact Kelli Moorehead.
Looking to Facilitate a Support Group?
The Oregon Chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association is looking for facilitators and co-facilitators of regularly monthly or bi-monthly Caregiver Support Group Meetings. If you have professional or personal knowledge about Alzheimer’s or if you have been a caregiver for a loved one with Alzheimer’s, you may be qualified to help others by facilitating or co-facilitating a Caregiver Support Group.
If you’re interested, please contact us at 800.272.3900 for more information.
The Alzheimer’s Association message boards and chat rooms provide a virtual online community for persons with Alzheimer's, caregivers and care providers. Our message boards have thousands of registered members from around the United States and thousands more who refer to the stories and information that is available 24 hours a day.