Is your staff prepared to care for people with dementia?
More than half of long-term care residents have dementia. Studies show staff trained specifically in dementia care are able to provide a better quality of life for residents and have increased confidence, productivity and job satisfaction.
We can help you deliver quality dementia care
The Alzheimer’s Association dementia care training program for residential communities will give your direct care staff the specialized knowledge and skills to be more productive and deliver a higher quality of dementia care.
- Our highly interactive training program features:
- Classroom and online training formats
- Multimedia and hands-on training
- Care strategies for all stages of dementia
- Supervisory training to foster stronger care teams
- CEUs for nurses, social workers and nursing home administrators
- Foundations of Dementia Care (classroom training for supervisors and direct care workers)
To learn more about educational and training programs in your community or online, contact your local Alzheimer's Association or call 1.800.272.3900.
"The Alzheimer’s Association dementia care training program has been an excellent resource for our care communities. The program not only fosters awareness and practically strategies for dementia care, but also encourages creativity in finding the best ways to enhance the lives of people with dementia."
"Now I feel like I really understand the importance of knowing the people we care for and how to reinforce what the staff learn in the training."