- Talk about and show photos of the people who are coming to visit.
- Play familiar holiday music and serve favorite traditional holiday foods.
- Watch and/or help with decorating.
- Persons with AD may recognize faces of family members and friends but can’t recall their names – name tags are helpful.
- Have a “quiet” room if things get too hectic and have a familiar person stay with them so they don’t feel isolated or “left out”.
- Prepare for distractions beforehand (i.e., use of a photo album) to divert attention if problem behaviors occur.
Click to continue:
Return to Holiday Hints