Memories in the Making® is a unique program for individuals with Alzheimer's disease and related dementias to express themselves through art. Through the creative process of painting, participants are able to communicate, offering us the essence of themselves.
The process is tailored to provide structure and support for participants, while at the same time allowing them to create their own message on paper. It is not unusual for participants to paint memories from long ago or something they can no longer find the words to express.
We are excited to announce that we will begin hosting a Memories in the Making® class open to the public beginning June 6th, 2014.
When: 1st and 3rd Fridays of each month from 10:00 - 11:30am
Where: Alzheimer's Association: 6632 Convoy Court, San Diego, CA 92111
The Memories in the Making® class offered at the Chapter office is designed for persons with dementia and their care partner or family member to enjoy together. Participating artists should be escorted by a care partner or family member.
For more information and to reserve your spot, please contact Nicole Reich at 858.966.3293 or email@example.com.
* The Memories in the Making® Art program is also held at 30 living facilities around San Diego County.
We are always looking for more teachers and volunteers! For more information please contact Nicole Reich at 858.966.3293 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are grateful for our Memories in the Making® program partners for their commitment to this important program:
Host Sites - Assisted Living Communities
- ActivCare Living at Bressi Ranch
- The Arbors, Rancho Penasquitos
- Belmont Village at Sabre Springs
- Casa de las Campanas
- Collwood Terrace Stellar Care
- Emeritus at Carmel Valley
- Emeritus at Oceanside
- Garden Park Villas
- Lantern Crest Senior Living
- Las Villas Del Norte
- Oakmont of Escondido Hills
- Seacrest Village
- Silverado Senior Living Encinitas
- Silverado Senior Living Escondido
- Silvergate San Marcos
- Somerford Place
- St. Paul's Villa
- Sunrise Assisted Living La Costa
- Sunshine Care
- Vi Living at La Jolla Village
- Vista Gardens
- Vista Village
Host Sites - Adult Day Care Specializing in Memory Care
- Glenner Memory Care Center, Encinitas
- Glenner Memory Care Center, Hillcrest
- Glenner Memory Care Center, Chula Vista
- Poway Adult Day Care Health Center
- St. Paul's Senior Day Care, Hillcrest
Additional Host Sites
- Casa Familiar
- UCSD Behavioral Health Center
Adult Day Centers
Ever wonder where you can take your loved one for activities or to give yourself a break from caregiving? Adult Day Centers are designed to meet the needs of individuals with dementia and to support their strengths, abilities and independence. Centers typically have staffed activities such as music and exercise programs, and discussion groups. Most centers are open from early morning to early afternoon. Some have extended or weekend hours. Some centers even offer pick-up and drop-off transportation services, while others provide transportation for outings and medical appointments.
CLICK HERE to read more about Adult Day Centers.