To eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
A world without Alzheimer’s disease.
Services We Provide
The Alzheimer's Association is the world's leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's care, support and research.
The San Diego/Imperial Chapter is one of 76 Alzheimer’s Association chapters in the country. Each chapter is locally governed and funded by the community it serves.
Our chapter provides a broad range of free programs and services specially designed to support the needs of people with Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders, their families, caregivers and the community.
CLICK HERE to learn more about our FREE programs & services.
- The San Diego/Imperial Chapter is currently able to serve approximately 7,000 families a year.
- For every $250 we raise, we are able to ensure that one family will receive our programs and services for one year.
- We offer more than 30 Caregiver Support & Discussion Groups in San Diego County.
- We offer FREE community education throughout the County to approximately 4,000 families.
- We serve more than 500 callers per month through our FREE 24/7 Helpline 800.272.3900
- The Chapter is actively working to increase funding for dementia research, and to influence public policy changes that will benefit those affected by the disease.
The San Diego/Imperial chapter was founded in 1982 by two volunteers, Anna Tucker, who started the first support group in Pacific Beach, and Luna Odland, who started a group in Escondido. Both were caregivers for their husbands.
Today, the chapter exists because of the support of countless donors, corporate sponsors, foundations and volunteers across the San Diego region. Our Main office is a tribute to one of those amazing donors and supporters, Darlene Shiley. The Shiley Center for Education and Support, dedicated in 2010, provides a meeting place for classes, support groups, and other services for families in need.
Position Title: Special Events/Development Coordinator
Reports to: Director, Strategic Partnerships
Responsible for achieving special event fundraising goals through the overall planning, and execution of the Association’s fund-raising and constituent events. These events include, but are not limited to, Third Party Events, Alz Stars, The Longest Day, Blondes vs. Brunettes, and conferences and Walk to End Alzheimer's events.
View Job Description>>
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Distribution of funds FY13
Annual Report FY13 CLICK HERE>>
Audited Financials FY13 CLICK HERE>>
Audited Financials FY12 CLICK HERE>>
2012 990 Form CLICK HERE>>
Our tax identification number is 95-3565388
The San Diego/Imperial Chapter is accredited by the Better Business Bureau. CLICK HERE to read our 2013 BBB report.