The Southeast Florida Chapter is fortunate to have gracious volunteers to help with general office duties and with special events. Their efforts allow us to continue providing high-quality services and raise funds for research.
For more information or to join our wonderful team of volunteers, Riunite Carter, Volunteer Manager, at 561.967.0047 ext 220. Volunteer opportunities include:
Special Projects Volunteer
- Assist staff in office activities. Duties could include organization of office, miscellaneous computer work, filing, putting together packets, making phone calls for the chapter, and answering phones.
- Hours: Hours will be the same every visit. Can be anytime from 9am to 5pm.
- Frequency: This can be based on a weekly or monthly basis. You will have a routine schedule to go by (Example every Tuesday, 3rd Friday of the month, etc.)
Health Fair Representative
- Assist staff with special projects in office. Duties could include copying, putting together packets, labeling, data entry, typing spreadsheets, and taking items to the post office for mailing.
- Hours: Hours will vary depending on the needs of the chapter. Each project should only take a few hours at a time. Volunteers can help with any aspect of the project depending on their schedules.
- Frequency: Based on needs of the chapter. Volunteers will be contacted a week prior to the assignment date to check for availability.
Walk to End Alzheimer's Committee Member
- Facilitate public awareness of the chapter and our services. Duties include setting up the booth for the chapter, talking to Health Fair attendees, handing out information to interested attendees, and closing up the booth after the Health Fair is over.
- Frequency: Based on needs of the Program Services staff. Volunteers will be contacted when a Health Fair is announced to check for availability.
- Availability: Various locations around Broward, Palm Beach, and the Treasure Coast.
Walk to End Alzheimer's Team Captain
- Assist in planning process of our annual fundraiser. Duties include attending monthly meetings, brainstorming fundraising ideas, and helping implement them for the chapter. We encourage participation in the actual Walk day-of-event activities as well.
- Hours: Monthly meetings run about an hour long.
- Frequency: Yearly commitment to plan for upcoming Walks.
- Availability: Broward, Miami, Palm Beach, and Treasure Coast locations.
Support Group Facilitator
- Organize a team for Walk to End Alzheimer's. Duties include recruiting team members, passing information from the chapter to your team members, encouraging them to raise funds prior to the walk, and participating in the event. Click here to find out more about Walk to End Alzheimer's.
- Hours: Varies depending on team size.
- Frequency: Kick-Offs and award ceremonies take place once a year in addition to the annual Walk.
- Availability: Broward, Palm Beach, Treasure Coast and Miami-Dade.
- Applicants should be mental health or health care professionals with experience in Alzheimer's disease and related dementia issues.
- Contact Jamie Brodarick at 561.967.0047 x221 or E-mail email@example.com for more information.
Back to Top