CARES: A Dementia Caregiving Approach
This affordable, Web-based program has six one-hour training modules that are geared primarily to direct care workers, particularly nursing assistants. Each module uses text and streaming video to illustrate how to best care for people with dementia living in residential care settings. Topics include:
- Clara Jones and her Care Team
- Introduction to Dementia
- Understanding Behavior as Communication
- Making a Connection with the Resident
- Eating Well
- Recognizing Pain
For a description of the modules, pricing plans and a free demo, go to http://www.caresprogram.com/
Upcoming Programs & Articles Archive
- Long-Term Care Housing and service evolution addresses "Longevity Revolution" - report explores issues surrounding long-term care and the aging U.S. population, from HCFO.
- Special report about African-Americans - the increased risk of Alzheimer's disease.
- Special report about Hispanics & Latinos - the increased risk of Alzheimer's disease.
- Dementia Care Practice Recommendations - for assisted living residences and nursing homes.
The Southeast Florida Chapter is the area's premier provider of these support and educational services:
- The 36 Hour Day, by Nancy L. Mace, M.A. and Peter V. Rabins, M.C., M.P.H. - $10
- The Complete Guide to Alzheimer's - Proofing Your Home, by Mark L. Warner - $20
- Elder Rage or Take My Father...Please!: How to Survive Caring for Aging Parents, by Jacqueline Marcell - $15
- Free family consultants
- Alzheimer's Education Series
- Resource Center
- Professional speakers bureau
- Medic Alert® + Alzheimer's Association Safe Return® wanderers identification program <
- Specialized support groups - facilitated by professionals and caregivers