Accounting Assistant - Norfolk, VA
Job Location Norfolk - VA
The Alzheimer's Association is the world's leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer care, support and research. We are the largest private funder of Alzheimer research and the premier source of information and support for the more than 5 million Americans with Alzheimer's disease and their 15 million families and caregivers. The Alzheimer's Association was recently recognized as the #1 best large nonprofit to work for in 2015. We are proud to say that this is the sixth year in a row that we've won Non-Profit Times 50 Best Places to Work award! We offer an excellent work environment and career development opportunities, coupled with competitive benefits and pay.
The Accounting Assistant is responsible for assuring that clerical accounting, bookkeeping and transaction duties are processed on a timely basis, following established departmental procedures. This is full time benefits eligible position located in Norfolk, VA.
Essential Job Functions
• Cash Receipts and Accounts Receivables Direct Mail Packages:
- Prepares forms
- encodes deposits
- Assembles UPS DMP packages
- Verifies amounts and codes on various sponsor/commitment forms for accuracy.
- Processes sponsorship forms with Donor Services
- Prepares Word invoices for sponsors and pledges.
- Assist with counting money for Walk To End Alzheimer's.
• Accounts Payable
- Checks invoices, requisitions and expense reports for processing
- Prepares Payment Request Forms (PRFs)
- Encodes and obtains approval.
- Verifies statement items and totals comply with chapter budget.
- Assembles expense reports
- Reviews SDOL reports
• Grant reporting
- Compiles and maintain expenditure information for grant reporting purposes.
- Assists with Excel research
- Perform clerical duties such as filing and typing, operates variety of general office equipment.
- Telephone assistance and other duties as assigned
• Associates degree and/or equivalent work experience - minimum two (2) years
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications and accounting software
• Strong work ethic and a high level of personal professional integrity
• Exceptional attention to detail and an aptitude for financial transactions
• Experienced in managing multiple assignments with tight deadlines
• Ability to work independently without close supervision
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
Click here to apply
Send your resume and cover letter:
by email: email@example.com
Send resume to:
Alzheimer's Association, National Office
225 N. Michigan Ave, Suite 1700
Chicago, IL 60601
If applying by e-mail, please attach your resume and cover letter as Microsoft Word documents, or include both within the text of your e-mail message.
We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer and we appreciate your interest in the Alzheimer's Association.
There are no other positions available at this time. We do have unpaid internships and volunteer opportunities available. Please use the volunteer application.