The Family support Fund provides financial assistance up to an annual maximum of $500 per family (renewable for one year) for expenses related to the care of a loved one at home diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease or a related dementia.
Assistance will be granted on a first-come-first-serve basis for as long as funds are available for that year.
There are no income requirements for eligibility; however, because funds are limited, we hope potential applicants will pursue insurance coverage first and that applications will reflect a genuine financial need.
Items requested from our approved vendor will be paid for by the Alzheimer's Association, St. Louis Chapter Office.
Ways a Caregiver Can Use Funds:
- Incontinence supplies/bedpads
- Nutritional supplements
- Durable medicalequipment (shower chair, grab bar)
- Safety supplies/services (Safe Return, door alarms, home safety supplies)
- Alzheimer medication not covered by insurance
- Occupational therapy assessment
- Family Support Fund application must be completed for approval
- Physician's Statment must be completed, stating the applicant does have Alzheimer's disease or related dementia
- Person with dementia and his or her caregiver must live in one of the Missouri counties the St. Louis Chapter serves
- Person with dementia must live at home
The Family Support Fund is currently available in Missouri ONLY