THE LONGEST DAY IS ALL ABOUT LOVE
Love for all those affected by Alzheimer's disease.
For those facing Alzheimer’s, every night and day are the longest!
Show them they are not alone by participating in The Longest Day—
a tribute event to honor those facing Alzheimer’s.
Thousands of Longest Day tributes take place each year between the longest night December 21, and the longest day, June 21. Participants create their own unique tributes by doing something they love, or something special to honor a loved one. These personal tributes rally others to the cause, and help raise awareness and funds for the Alzheimer's Association. Last year, over 10,000 people from nine countries participated in 3,200 Longest Day tributes and $3.8 million was raised for the Alzheimer’s Association. Now we can all do something to end Alzheimer’s. What will you do?
Easy Ways to Support Our Chapter’s Longest Day Efforts:
- Registration is open! Sign up to be a team captain, individual fundraiser or event host.
- Participate in the St. Louis Longest Day Fitness Challenge, Lemonade Stand Challenge, Good Brew Challenge, Go Purple with a Purpose, or Wine & Dine Wednesday's Campaign. See All Local Fundraising Ideas.
- Donate or join a Local Team. Participants can join a team for free.
- Companies and individuals can join the Longest Day Heroes Club and sponsor our local efforts. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
- Support our chapter's team night at Cardinal’s Game June 30 vs. Nationals! Share our flier with a friend.
- Join team Awesome! Help a couple hours a month on our event committee email email@example.com.
Questions? Contact Betsy Brown at 314-801-0445 firstname.lastname@example.org
Alzheimer's Night at the Ballpark: Join us for The Longest Day celebration at Busch on Friday, June 30th! See Flier for Details! Left field loge (265 - 271) for just $30! A portion of every ticket goes directly to benefit the Alzheimer’s Association.Visit www.cardinals.com/ALZSTL to get your tickets!
Limited End ALZ t-shirts will be available pre-game at Ballpark village for those wearing Longest Day shirts and showing their ballpark receipts. Contact email@example.com for details on how to purchase a TLD shirt for just $5.
What will you do on The Longest Day?
• Go Purple for a Purpose at work and create a wall of honor for employees
• Plan a holiday light tour to honor your dad
• Host a chili cook-off to honor a neighbor
• Bowl for a day to honor your mom
• Play bridge for a day to honor your wife
• Host a lemonade stand to honor your grandma
• Golf for a day to honor your former classmate
• Lead a Yoga class to honor a former colleague
• Fish for a day to honor your Grandpa
• Bike a mile a day in June to honor those affected-
See more ideas here!
• Webster Chess Tournament | April 22
View Photo Gallery
• Nutriformance Train The Trainer | April 29
• Fidget Square Extravaganza | April 29
• Arts & Hearts for ALZ | May 7
• Lllewelyn's Pub Soulard Dine Out | May 23
• Purple Mani Pedi Party | May 29
• Grove Grub Crawl | June 3
• Noodles & Company Wine & Dine Wednesday Lunch | June 7
• Bowling | June 10
• Golf Tournament Bear Creek | June 12
• 7 Shades of Purple Soiree | June 11
• Granite City Food & Brewery Dine Out | June 14
• Edward Jones World Record Attempt | June 17
• Bridge & Mah Jongg Tournament | June 20
• The Longest Day | June 21
--St Louis Bridge Center | 9 a.m.- 9 p.m.
--Bridgehaven | 10:30 a.m.
• Cardinal’s Game | June 30
• Disrupt Alzheimer's | July
• Trivia Night | July
Why Fight Alzheimer’s?
Where the Money Goes
Learn more at an upcoming Longest Day open house. Pop by every third Tuesday of the month from January to July here at the Association. We’ll open our doors early and stay late to help you achieve your Longest Day goals. Pop by from 7-8 a.m. or 12-1 p.m. or 6-7 p.m. Help get registered, get fundraising ideas and resources, pick up posters, fliers, brochures.
Event Flier Templates: Choose one to use to promote your event (Powerpoint)
Option 1 Option 2 Option 3
Getting Started Guide
Local Fundraising Resources
Check Deposit Form
Retail Supply Form
In-Kind Donation Request Letter Template
Tell Us Why You Fight to End Alzheimer's on The Longest Day!
Add Your Event to Local Calendar
Calendar of Local Events
Share your link and your story on social media using #ENDALZ #THELONGESTDAY @ALZSTL and email your story and pictures to Betsy Brown firstname.lastname@example.org