WORLD ALZHEIMER'S MONTH
September is World Alzheimer’s Month — a time to shine a purple light for the millions of individuals world-wide and all the family members and caregivers locally affected by Alzheimer's disease. We need your help to honor those struggling with this disease every day by mobilizing friends, families, neighbors, co-workers and customers to help bring an end to Alzheimer’s disease. The time is now to commit to going purple during World Alzheimer’s Month (WAM). The end of Alzheimer’s starts now. The End of Alzheimer’s Starts with YOU.
- Turn Facebook purple by changing your profile picture to our END ALZ icon.*
- Turn your office, school or place of worship purple for the month of September.
- Post your Purple with a Purpose pictures on our Facebook page.
- Show the power of purple by introducing and/or utilizing a purple product.
*Here's how to change your profile picture in three easy steps.
1. Right click on the END ALZ icon and save to your computer.
2. Log into your Facebook account. Move your cursor over your current profile picture and select "Change Picture."
3. Use the browse function to locate and upload the END ALZ graphic.
Announce your commitment to ending Alzheimer’s through social media and internal communications.
Resources & Videos
Church WAM Flyer
Order "The End of Alzheimer’s Starts with Me” stickers.
Video - World Alzheimer's Month: Take Action!
Video - "The end of Alzheimer's starts with me."
Video - Alzheimer's Disease Facts and Figures 2012
Video - World Alzheimer's Month 2011: Highlights