The Alzheimer’s Association Walk to End Alzheimer’s ™ is the nation’s largest event to raise awareness and funds for Alzheimer care, support and research. Since 1989, we've mobilized millions of Americans in the Alzheimer's Association Memory Walk®; now, we’re continuing to lead the way with the Walk to End Alzheimer’s. Together, we can end Alzheimer’s – the nation’s sixth leading cause of death.
The Walk to End Alzheimer’s is held annually in over 600 communities across the country and seven communities in southwest Missouri. Volunteers of all ages and abilities lead the way to be champions who move the cause forward to care and cure Alzheimer’s disease. When you participate in our Walks, please know that the dollars you raise help fund our valuable programs and services to those who are battling Alzheimer's disease in our 29-county area. Register on-line or by calling 800-272-3900.
Registration is absolutely free, and a team can be any group of five or more people walking together. Walkers are encouraged to recruit team members to walk in tribute of a friend or family member, or in memory of someone special. Join the Alzheimer’s Association Walk to End Alzheimer’s and unite in a movement to reclaim the future for millions. Together, we can raise awareness and funds to enhance Alzheimer care and support and advance critical research. The end of Alzheimer’s disease starts here.
The Walk to End Alzheimer’s has a local Facebook page! Stay up to date on Walk news by following us at www.facebook.com/WalkToEndAlzSGF
2013 Walk Dates Coming Soon
Springfield - September 21, 2013 at Jordan Valley Park
Joplin - September 28, 2013 Location TBD
Bolivar - September 28, 2013 at Dunnegan Park
Branson - September 14, 2013 at the Branson Landing
Macon - Saturday, 9/21
Jefferson City - Sunday, 9/22
Lake of the Ozarks - Saturday, 9/28
Forming a team for the Walk to End Alzheimer's can enhance your experience and multiply your impact on the fight against Alzheimer's. Together, as a team, you are a force much greater than what you can accomplish alone.
Join the Alzheimer's Association Walk to End Alzheimer's Corporate Team Initiative and make a difference in the lives of those affected by Alzheimer's, as well as in your business.
- It makes great business sense. When your corporation or organization joins the Walk in your area, you're giving back and building ties in the community.
- It builds morale. Bring employees together to fight for a common cause, and create team spirit in your organization. Teamwork also empowers your employees in the name of your organization.
- Join a movement together. Give your employees an opportunity to be a part of the national movement to end Alzheimer's and give back to their community.
- It's fun! The Walk to End Alzheimer's is an inspiring experience, knowing that, together, you are making a difference.
When you ask friends or family members to join you on a team, ask them to ask others to join as well. Before you know it, that little bit of courage you put into asking someone to join you has grown into five, ten, maybe as many as a hundred people who would not otherwise have known about Walk to End Alzheimer's.
- It multiplies your impact on the cause. A Japanese proverb says, "None of us is as smart as all of us." Bring together a group of people to raise funds together and you increase exponentially what you can do alone.
- It builds your bond. Bring your family members, classmates or neighbors together to fight for a common cause, and create team spirit in your community.
- Join a movement together. Give your friends and family an opportunity to help build awareness about Alzheimer’s.
- It’s a moving experience – and fun! Walk to End Alzheimer's has many ways to honor a loved one.
Get Your Team Captain Guide
Don't forget to ask your donors if their employer offers matching gifts!
Raise public awareness...
When you participate in Walk to End Alzheimer's, you are doing more than helping us raise money. Walk to End Alzheimer's help raise the level of public awareness and understanding of Alzheimer's disease, encouraging public support of the fight against it.