Organizing a Walk to End Alzheimer’s™ team is a great way to take action in the fight against this heartbreaking disease. We suggest a team of 8-10 team members, but a team can be 2 people or 50 – it’s up to what you feel you can manage!
Here are 6 tips to help build your team!
1. Sign up your team online at alz.org/walk or you can call 800.272.3900 if you want us to register you. Build a Walk team page, complete with photos from a past event or of a loved one with the disease. Tell your story about why you are walking.
2. Send emails. Once signed up, you can access your Participant Center. It makes it easy to reach out and invite team members. We have template recruitment emails that you can edit or you can create your own. You can also upload an address book from another email account (gmail, yahoo, hotmail, etc.).
3. Get social. Are you active on social media networks like Facebook and Twitter? These are great tools to get the word out about your team. Tweet or update your status with a message about Walk and provide a link to your team page.
4. Tap into tools. Visit your Participant Center to access recruitment tools we’ve selected just for Team Captains. From sign-up sheets, posters, donation, forms and more, we’ve got the information you need to let your team really take off! We also have tools specific to the workplace, with eye-catching signs you can hang in a break room or around the office.
5. Forward to a friend. Many of your teammates may know someone else who is affected by Alzheimer’s. Ask your teammates to invite their friends and family to walk with you.
6. A sign-up sheet goes where you go. Take a Walk sign-up sheet with you to your place of worship, gym class, book club, local coffee shop — anywhere you might run into a friend or neighbor interested in participating.
Start your team today online by registering! If you need any additional materials for recruiting your team or assistance signing up, email email@example.com.