Great things happen when you partner your abilities and talents with the Alzheimer’s Association. If you’re interested in volunteering for the Association, read through the opportunities below and email Elaine, firstname.lastname@example.org for the opportunities that most interest you.
Description: Organize and prepare materials ahead of time for conferences, special events, Helpline packets and mailings. They also aid in the overall workflow of the Chapter.
• Weekday Opportunities: Office administration including answering phones, preparing packets,
labeling brochures. Conference or event administration, conference or event coordination such as registration, set-up, etc.
• Weekend Opportunities: Conference & events
Description: Provide support, encouragement, hope and guidance through the
challenges of Alzheimer’s disease and other dementia.
• Weekday Opportunities: Answer helpline calls and assist callers,
compile and mail packets, make follow-up calls.
Walk to End Alzheimer’s Planning/ Convio Data System
Description: Assist Event Coordinator in planning and executing annual Walks (throughout Utah). Assist with publicity, logistics, sponsorships, data entry,etc.
• Weekday Opportunities: Assist with planning & coordinating Walk activities and entering team data.
• Weekend Opportunities: Day of event set-up, tear-down, parking control, registration, etc.
Representative/ Speakers Bureau
Description: Represent and promote the Chapter at events, such as health fairs and Employee Giving drives in companies. Representative distributes information, brochures and occasionally may give a short 3-5 minute talk about our work. Representatives will need access to a car and be willing to navigate local areas.
• Weekday Opportunities: Companies typically conduct Employee Giving Drives in the fall, during working hours, so demand here is seasonal. However, as awareness of the disease grows, there may be additional need for speakers to present at church meetings, social clubs, schools, etc.
Special Events Team
Description: Assist in planning and executing Chapter events. Assist with publicity, logistics, sponsorships and more.
• Weekday Opportunities: Assisting in the planning & coordination of events as needed.