Logest Day is an opportunity to raise awareness about Alzheimer's disease and the need for more education, support and research! Millions of families across the United States and the world are affected by this disease. Now is the time to ACT! If you would like to host a GO PURPLE event in honor of Alzheimer's Action Day or join us for an event already scheduled please contact Kaarmin Ford at email@example.com or call 800.272.3900! And GO PURPLE!
GO PURPLE on Longest Day!
From purple bangles to purple polo shirts to purple pumps, break-out your favorite shade of purple on Saturday, June 21 to raise awareness about Alzheimer's disease! More
Go Purple Ideas:
- GO PURPLE at your school or office! Have all of your co-workers or students wear purple on 6/21
- Decorate your breakroom or common area in purple
- Post important facts about Alzheimer's disease throught your workplace to raise awareness about Alzheimer's disease, the 10 Warning Signs, available resources and how people can get involved with the cause! The Alzheimer's Association can provide you with these fact sheets! Call 800.272.3900 for more information!
- Casual for a Cause Goes Purple! Everyone loves to go casual at work! Order casual for a cause stickers and sell them for $5 to your co-workers and have a "Casual for the Cause" day on or before Saturday, September 21st! The proceeds can benefit your Walk team! Click here to order your stickers or contact Kaarmin Ford at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800.272.3900. Download the flier here.
Host an Event
Do you like to entertain? Put the mission into your meal with these great ideas:
- Dinner to Make a Difference: Host a dinner party and ask your guests to donate what they would have spent on a night out on the town to the Alzheimer's Association! Call the Alzheimer's Association, WV Chapter for a toolkit to put the mission into your meal! Brain Healthy Menu
Praise in Purple
Church families are often an important source of comfort and support for families facing Alzheimer's disease. Choose a Sunday in June to raise awareness about Alzheimer's disease, available resources and the 10 Warning Signs with your congregation. The Alzheimer's Association designed a bulletin insert, see below, you can include in your chuch bulletin. Mark a 67 second moment of silence in honor of those facing Alzheimer's disease right now and the many that lost the battle to this disease. The inserts with a location also include information about the local Walk to End Alzheimer's!
- Letter to your Pastor
- World Alzheimer's Month No Location Church Insert
- Charleston Church Insert
- Lewisburg Church Insert
- Wheeling Church Insert
- Eastern Panhandle Insert
- Huntington Insert