Dementia Care Training Course
Start or Advance Your Career in Dementia Care!
An estimated 10 million baby boomers will develop Alzheimer's disease. In addition, currently over 60 percent of all nursing home residents have some form of dementia.
Become a leader in the dementia care field through advanced training from the Alzheimer's Association, West Virginia Chapter. This course is designed to provide advanced dementia care training for in-home and long-term care workers. This course also provides training in basic business and marketing practices to set up your own in-home care business.
This course will help you to:
- Develop your own career as a private in-home caregiver
- Expand your knowledge for the long term care setting
- Become more marketable to home health agencies or long-term care facilities
Course Topics Include:
- Understanding Alzheimer's & Dementia
- Fundamentals of Person Centered Dementia Care
- Understanding & Responding to Difficult Behaviors
- Enhancing Quality of Daily Life
- Putting Your Best Foot Forward