Alzheimer's Imaging Consortium (AIC) – an AAIC preconference
A limited number of fellowships, in the form of complimentary Alzheimer's Imaging Consortium (AIC) registration, are available for early career scientists who are the presenting author on an accepted abstract.
Authors may select from two presentation formats when submitting an abstract for AIC, including:
AIC Poster Presentation (individual)
- Grouped by topic.
- Accepted posters will be scheduled for presentation on Saturday, July 23, 2016.
- An author may be the presenting author on two posters.
- Poster format:
- Meters: 2.39m (wide) x 1.17m (high).
- Inches: 94in (wide) x 46in (high).
- We advise printing your poster slightly smaller than the dimensions above to allow room for the poster number. No audiovisual equipment is available for poster presentations. Pushpins or tape will be provided.
AIC Oral Session (individual)
- [New for 2016] The same abstract cannot be submitted for oral consideration to both AAIC and the Alzheimer’s Imaging Consortium (AIC). You must make a choice between the preconference (AIC) and the main conference (AAIC) if you wish to be considered for a neuroimaging-themed oral session.
The same abstract may be submitted for oral consideration to one conference and also submitted for poster consideration to the opposite conference.
The same abstract may be submitted to both AIC and AAIC for poster consideration.
- 15 minutes per presentation.
- Oral sessions are grouped by the AIC Program Chairs.
- Accepted oral sessions will be scheduled for presentation on Saturday, July 23, 2016.
- A person may be the presenting author on one oral presentation.
- Submitted oral session abstracts that are not selected may be considered for a poster presentation.
Selection of a theme per abstract allows submitters to "self-identify" the area in which the abstract best fits. This identification is the first step in sorting abstracts for the AIC Planning Chairs, who will take this identification into consideration and will group related abstracts with similar topics into the same session.
AIC Abstract Submission Themes
- Amyloid imaging
- Animal imaging
- Brain networks and connectivity
- Evaluating treatments with neuroimaging
- Imaging and genetics
- Imaging and non-AD neurodegeneration
- Imaging correlates of cognition and biomarkers
- Imaging in normal brain aging
- Imaging-pathological correlations
- Neuroimaging and preclinical diagnosis
- New imaging methods
- Non-pharmacological therapies and neuroimaging
- Tau imaging
Register today for AAIC
AAIC registration is now open! Reserve your spot today to join the world’s leading Alzheimer’s disease and dementia researchers, clinicians and practitioners as they gather to share and discuss the latest in dementia science.
New this year – Emerging Concepts in Basic Science
Learn more about the newest addition to AAIC 2016, the Emerging Concepts series. This innovative series is designed to provide basic scientists with specific sessions focused on tau, inflammation and secretase biology.