Developing Topic Abstract Submissions
Submission dates: April 21-May 5, 2014
Developing Topic submissions are designed to bring the latest research findings in the field to AAIC attendees. Specifically, they are abstracts in which the research findings were not available during the general abstract submission deadline in February.
New for 2014: AAIC 2014 Developing Topic abstracts will be considered for poster presentations only unless the research is considered to be late-breaking and of great interest and value.
- Late-breaking research/newness of information.
- Potential impact on the research community.
- Quality of scientific research.
- Relevance to Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders.
- Topics of interest include basic and translational science, diagnosis and prognosis, therapeutics, and public health and psychosocial issues.
- Previously submitted/reviewed abstracts will not be considered.
- A limited number of abstracts are selected, with selection based on timeliness and scientific merit.
- Only under extraordinary circumstances will abstracts without results be considered.
- Accepted abstracts are published in an online supplement to the Association’s journal, Alzheimer’s & Dementia.
- Developing Topic abstracts must be submitted via the online system. The link will be available on April 21, 2014.
- Developing Topic proposals will not be accepted for the Alzheimer’s Imaging Consortium.
- Developing Topic proposals do not include the AAIC Featured Research Session format.
- An individual may be the presenting author on one oral presentation (includes a featured research session) and two posters slotted on different days. Exception: An author may present in two oral platforms as long as one is a Developing Topic session.