Developing Topic Abstract Submissions
Submission Dates: April 16 through April 30, 2018.
Note: Developing Topic abstracts will be considered for poster presentation only unless the research is considered to be late-breaking. The majority of Developing Topic presentations will be scheduled on Wednesday, July 25, 2018.
- Late-breaking research/newness of information.
- Potential impact on the research community.
- Quality of scientific research.
- Relevance to Alzheimer's disease and related disorders.
- Topics of interest include basic and translational science, diagnosis and prognosis, therapeutics and public health and psychosocial issues.
- Previously submitted/reviewed abstracts will not be considered (Exception: Abstracts submitted as part of a non-selected Featured Research Session (FRS) are eligible for re-submission).
- A limited number of abstracts are selected, with selection based on timeliness and scientific merit.
- Only under extraordinary circumstances will abstracts without results be considered.
- Accepted abstracts are published in an online supplement to the Association's journal, Alzheimer's & Dementia: The Journal of the Alzheimer's Association.
- Developing Topic abstracts must be submitted via the online system.
- Developing Topic abstracts are not accepted for the Alzheimer's Imaging Consortium or Technology and Dementia.
- Developing Topic abstracts do not include the AAIC Featured Research Session format.
- Exception: An author may present in two oral platforms as long as one is a Developing Topic session.