Developing Topics Abstract Submissions
Developing Topic submissions are designed to bring the latest research findings in the field to AAIC attendees. Specifically, they are abstracts in which the research findings were not available by the general abstract submission deadline in February. Developing Topics will open April 15 and will close on April 29, 2019.
Note: Developing Topics abstracts will be considered for poster presentation only unless the research is considered to be late-breaking. The majority of Developing Topics presentations will be scheduled on Wednesday, July 17, 2019.
- Late-breaking research/newness of information.
- Potential impact on the research community.
- Quality of scientific research.
- Relevance to Alzheimer's disease and related disorders.
- Topics of interest include basic and translational science, diagnosis and prognosis, therapeutics and public health and psychosocial issues.
- Previously submitted/reviewed abstracts will not be considered (Exception: Abstracts submitted as part of a non-selected Featured Research Session (FRS) are eligible for re-submission).
- A limited number of abstracts are selected, with selection based on timeliness and scientific merit.
- Only under extraordinary circumstances will abstracts without results be considered.
- Accepted abstracts are published in an online supplement to the Association's journal, Alzheimer's & Dementia: The Journal of the Alzheimer's Association.
- Developing Topics abstracts must be submitted via the online system.
- Developing Topics abstracts are not accepted for the Alzheimer's Imaging Consortium or Technology and Dementia.
- Developing Topics abstracts do not include the AAIC Featured Research Session format.
- Exception: An author may present in two oral platforms as long as one is a Developing Topics session.
Abstract Submissions Now Open
The Scientific Program Committee is now accepting submissions for poster presentations, oral presentations and featured research sessions. Submission deadline is January 28. Need more time? Become an ISTAART member and extend your deadline until February 1.
Submit Your Abstract