Enhance your AAIC experience as an ISTAART member
- Curated Itineraries and Poster Grouping by PIA
- Contribute to the AAIC Scientific Program
- Inge Grundke-Iqbal Award for Alzheimer's Research
- PIA Day at AAIC
- PIA Business Meetings at AAIC
- ISTAART Member Reception at AAIC
The Alzheimer’s Association International Society to Advance Alzheimer’s Research and Treatment (ISTAART) is a professional society for scientists, physicians and others involved in the causes and treatments of Alzheimer's disease and other dementias.
"Networking with colleagues with common goals can catapult progress forward—ISTAART Professional Interest Areas (PIAs) provide that opportunity for Alzheimer’s disease at a global scale.”
Roberta Diaz Brinton, Ph.D.
Members of ISTAART enjoy the following AAIC benefits:
- Discounted registration.
- Early access to online registration and preferred hotels.
- Discounted fees for preconferences, workshops, conference recordings and continuing education.
- Exclusive access to Professional Interest Area (PIA) Day at AAIC (Saturday, July 23, 2016).
- Opportunities to apply for exclusive awards.
- Access to member-only receptions and workshops.
- Extended deadline for abstract submissions.
As well as other member benefits, including:
- Online subscription to Alzheimer's & Dementia: The Journal of the Alzheimer's Association.
- Online subscription to Neurobiology of Aging.
- Reduced author fees to the following open access journals:
- Alzheimer's & Dementia: Diagnosis, Assessment & Disease Monitoring
- Alzheimer's & Dementia: Translational Research & Clinical Interventions
Special Access Benefits:
- Opportunity to join or create a Professional Interest Area (PIA).
- Monthly member e-newsletter.
- Extended LOI deadlines for the Alzheimer’s Association International Research Grant Program.
- Access to the Online Career Center.
Join ISTAART and register for AAIC in one easy step!
Non-members: There are two ways to join ISTAART:
- Join today join via ISTAART’s website.
- Select Membership +PLUS during AAIC registration to add one year of ISTAART membership to your conference fees (professional and student rates are available). You will receive full AAIC conference admittance and all of the benefits available to ISTAART members, both during AAIC and for the following year.
For Student and Early Career Members
ISTAART Student Volunteer Program at AAIC
The International Society to Advance Alzheimer’s Research and Treatment (ISTAART) offers a Student Volunteer Program in conjunction with AAIC 2016. The program provides accepted ISTAART student members with the opportunity to travel to AAIC 2016.
Accepted volunteers are provided with the following:
- AAIC full conference registration
- Housing at designated hotel
- Airfare to and from the conference
While daily volunteer efforts are an essential aspect of participation, participants are still able to fully acquire the latest scientific updates through attendance at sessions. Applicants must be a verified undergraduate or graduate student (includes Ph.D. students).
Please note: the deadline to submit an application for the Student Volunteer Program at AAIC 2016 has passed. If you have submitted an application, awards will be announced via email by March 18.
For questions or information, email ISTAART@alz.org or phone 1.312.335.5188.
ISTAART Workshop Series at AAIC
Learn from the experts about how to polish your skills and CV. Past topics have included grant writing, funding opportunities, and manuscript tips. The topics for AAIC 2016 will be announced in June. Free food is included!
Programs and Events for All Members
Curated Itineraries and Poster Grouping by Professional Interest Area (PIA)
Take advantage of opportunities to group your research with fellow PIA members onsite at AAIC:
- PIA-Curated Itineraries: Some PIAs will prepare curated itineraries of PIA-related topics (the mobile app will provide full details per itinerary). If applicable, check off your PIA as a keyword during abstract submission in order to be considered for inclusion in a curated itinerary.
- Poster Grouping: During the abstract submission processes, members may indicate if they opt to have their poster grouped according to PIA (instead of theme). Signage and individual poster ribbons will help your poster stand out in the crowd.
Contribute to the AAIC Scientific Program
The Scientific Program Committee solicits suggestions for invited speakers from ISTAART members [the nomination period has closed]. Members may also nominate or self-nominate individuals to participate in the abstract review process [the nomination period has closed].
Inge Grundke-Iqbal Award for Alzheimer's Research
ISTAART is the nominating body for this award, which is presented to the senior author of the most impactful study published in Alzheimer’s research over the preceding two years. The recipient will be invited to present their findings in a plenary session at AAIC [the nomination period has closed].
PIA Day at AAIC
Some ISTAART Professional Interest Areas will host 90-minute sessions focused on research updates during PIA Day at AAIC (Saturday, July 23, 2016). Most of the sessions will be followed by the PIA’s annual business meeting (although, some business meetings will take place throughout the week).
- A detailed schedule will be posted in May.
- PIA Day is open only to current or new ISTAART members—members may attend any of the PIA Day sessions or business meetings, regardless of PIA membership.
- Members attend for free and should indicate their interest during AAIC registration.
- In order to attend, non-members must join ISTAART during AAIC registration (select the bundled full conference and ISTAART membership category – “Membership +Plus” or “Student +Plus”) or join today via ISTAART’s web site.
PIA Business Meetings at AAIC
PIA business meetings are a great opportunity to receive updates on PIA activities, participate in critical conversations about issues affecting the field, engage in networking with peers from across the world and determine objectives for the upcoming membership year. The schedule will be announced in June.
ISTAART Member Reception at AAIC
It’s one of the most popular events at AAIC! Network with fellow ISTAART members on the evening of Monday, July 25, while you enjoy hors d'oeuvres and refreshments.