Alzheimer’s isn’t waiting — and neither are you.
We’re so excited to be bring the Alzheimer’s Association Walk to End Alzheimer’s® to every community in 2020. From downtown to small towns, you can participate anywhere in 2020. Below is information to explain what the event will look like this year.
Your health and safety are our top priorities, so we aren’t having a large in-person gathering this year — instead, we invite you to walk in small teams of friends and family while others in your community do the same.* Because no matter where you’re walking, we’re all still working toward the same thing: a world without Alzheimer’s and all dementia.
We’ve created an experience that captures everything you love about Walk — plus fun new surprises, including:
- Colorful flags we're sending you to show your commitment to the cause. Display them in your yard or windows, and carry them with you when you walk!
- A view-only Promise Garden in your community for you to visit.
- Walk Mainstage, a virtual experience where you can visit sponsor booths, connect with other participants, top fundraisers and VIPs, and learn about Association resources.
- An opening ceremony that you can watch online before walking on your local sidewalk, track or trail.
- An updated Walk app with new features so you can track your steps and hear messages of support as you walk.
The world may look a little different right now, but one thing hasn’t changed: your dedication to ending Alzheimer’s. We’re grateful for you and all you do to advance the fight.