The Senior Specialist of Conference Services position requirements include but are not limited to site selection and managing logistics for meetings, including the Association's national conference. Responsibilities include researching and recommending meeting venues, negotiating hotel contracts, creating space reports based on contractual terms, preparing detailed meeting specifications, managing food and beverage requirements, room blocks, housing, and travel logistics. Additional responsibilities include budgetary management, working with outside vendors for audio visual, catering, and other equipment rentals. The position will take have a role in the annual meeting specifications, security requirements, ordering promotional material and other projects as assigned for the Association's international conference.
Essential Job Functions
- Research and recommend cities and venues for assigned meetings with 10-100 + attendees.
- Manage and coordinate all logistics arrangements for assigned meetings of 10-100 from conception to closing+.
- Manage and negotiate contracts ensuring appropriate room blocks and industry language is reflected
- Prepare detailed meeting specifications to hotels to include room set-ups, food and beverage requirements, program schedules and audiovisual requests.Manage meeting software - Eventpro
- Manage housing reservations for staff and attendees while closely monitoring room pick-ups.
- Liaison for Chicago Hotel and Transient Travelers
- Conduct site visits and prepare reports on site recommendations
- Manage all meeting related websites
- Reconcile all meeting related invoices for accuracy and process for payment within 30 days of close of program
- Manage internal calendar on Association's internal website.
- Relationship development with potential Exhibitors & Sponsors
- Prepare and monitor cost estimates, budgets, work plans and status reports.
- Manage annual meeting specifications, security requirements, ordering promotional material and other projects as assigned for the Association's international conference.
- Ability to be detail oriented, work independently and in a team environment
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects with multiple deadlines
- Other duties as assigned by Sr. Director and Sr. Associate Director.
Or mail resume and cover letter to:
Send resume to:
Alzheimer's Association, Home Office
225 N. Michigan Ave, Suite 1700
Chicago, IL 60601
We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer
and we appreciate your interest in the Alzheimer's Association.