Essential Job Functions
- Oversee the successful implementation of several regional Walks to reach aggressive fundraising goals.
- Manage community-based volunteer committees for each Walk location.Committees include volunteers to help manage logistics, walk team recruitment and engagement, corporate sponsorships, and promotional aspects of the Walk.
- Assist in the identification and cultivation of volunteer leadership on a continual basis.
- Manage a detailed Walk fundraising plan with volunteers and chapter staff.
- Manage the day-of- experience for Walks.
- Evaluate event success against projected goals and accomplishments, analyze results and make recommendations for course corrections throughout the year.
Volunteer Committee Management
- Help establish committee goals, track progress, train and coach committee members as necessary.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with committee volunteers.
- Keep in close communications with the committee leadership, attend committee meetings, and provide resources and expertise as needed.
- Implement a stewardship plan to thank and acknowledge committee members.
Marketing and Outreach
- Build relationships with community leaders, business owners and other service agencies for partnerships, volunteer recruitment, sponsor recruitment and other fundraising opportunities.
- Work collaboratively with Communications Director on Walk-related promotions.
- Help ensure benefit fulfillment for corporate sponsors.
Walker and Team Management
- Provide support and assistance to participants with online registration, developing personal Walk websites, and questions related to team captain duties, donations and fundraising.
- Manage day-of-event logistics including registration, set up, walker refreshments, sponsor tables, program tables, etc. to ensure Walk runs smoothly.
- Create and manage engaging "walk experience" for participants including Opening Ceremony and Awards Ceremony details.
- Ensure venue applications are submitted and approved in a timely manner.
- Ensure event insurance is obtained for each Walk location.
- Recruit volunteers for parking assistance, staffing tables, set-up and tear-down assistance and spirit stations along the route.
- Coordinate all supplies and inventory for day-of-event.
- Coordinate chapter staff and board participation in Walks.
Gift Processing & Donor Recognition
- Ensure Walk donations are accurately recorded, processed and acknowledged.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Three years of experience in a related field; ideally working in a non-profit with fundraising, volunteers coordination and/or event management responsibilities.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including late evening and early morning work as needed (average 2-3 times per month) and Saturdays and Sundays during Walk Season (August-September).
- Excellent oral and written communications with the ability to present with poise, confidence and professionalism to diverse committees.
- Ability to work independently with little daily supervision.
- Ability to prioritize, coordinate and advance several projects simultaneously.
- Strong verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Email and the ability to learn donor software systems.
- Must possess a reliable personal vehicle, valid driver's license and proof of valid insurance.
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed to conduct Chapter business.
- Must be able to bend, lift, carry, transport, and set up a variety of print and event materials related to Walk to End Alzheimer's (weighing up to 35 pounds)
- Special event and fund development experience preferred
- Experience with Convio Luminate, Gmail suite, and fundraising ethics
- Public-speaking experience
Click here to apply
Or mail resume and cover letter to:
Send resume to:
Alzheimer's Association, Home Office
225 N. Michigan Ave, Suite 1700
Chicago, IL 60601
We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer
and we appreciate your interest in the Alzheimer's Association.