The Associate Director, Marketing, supports the Director, Strategic Communications & Creative Production and the entire organization through project management and implementation of marketing collateral, consumer campaigns, advertising, and mass market events. This position is based in Chicago with expected travel up to 10%.
Essential Job Functions
- In collaboration with the Director, Strategic Communications & Creative Production, internal stakeholders and outside agencies, implements year-round advertising plan and measurement for the national office to increase concern & awareness of Alzheimer's disease and the Alzheimer's Association.
- Serves as lead project manager for nationwide consumer campaigns to increase concern & awareness and drive constituent engagement including fundraising, advocacy action, and participation in mission activities of the Alzheimer's Association.
- Provides support and guidance to field staff in order to increase nationwide marketing efforts and constituent engagement.
- Works closely with Association-wide business owners as well as Public Relations, e-Strategy and Direct Marketing to create and implement integrated marketing plans.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and skills:
- Experience in advertising account management working on businesses or organizations with multiple products or business lines and multiple locations, such as a franchise organization.
- Experience coordinating multiple elements of an integrated marketing program.
- Able to write clear, strategic project briefs and shape creative that will deliver on them.
- Demonstrates the ability to interpret, prioritize and incorporate additional and/or shifting information into existing strategies, projects and plans.
- Ability to manage projects and assignments independently by proactively and creatively resolving problems/issues along the way while knowing how and when to keep supervisor informed and involved.
- Highly strategic and creative.
- Big picture perspective with detailed follow through.
- Demonstrates understanding of the print and video development and production processes.
- Works effectively across groups through collaboration, respect, knowledge and ability to persuade and influence.
- Change agent, able to challenge the status quo while building collaboration across functions for new direction.
- Uses strong listening skills to identify opportunities and resolve issues.
- Must be a proactive self-starter with excellent organizational skills and the ability to adapt to change and meet deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising or a related field.
- 5-7 years' experience in a marketing position in a corporation, healthcare, consumer goods organization, or agency.
- 4-5 years' experience in creative strategy and development.
- 1-2 years' management experience.
- Account management experience desirable.
- Excellent communications (written and verbal) and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
Click here to apply
Or mail resume and cover letter to:
Send resume to:
Alzheimer's Association, Home Office
225 N. Michigan Ave, Suite 1700
Chicago, IL 60601
We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer
and we appreciate your interest in the Alzheimer's Association.