The Membership Services Coordinator serves as the primary customer service representative to members of the Alzheimer's Association International Society to Advance Alzheimer's Research and Treatment (ISTAART). Primary duties include daily phone and email communication with members, daily maintenance of the membership database, report preparation, the execution of member benefit programs, coordination of the ISTAART student volunteer program at the annual conference, maintenance of the web site and social networking sites, and logistics coordinator for ISTAART's representation at external conferences. In conjunction with the Senior Associate Director, Membership and Conference Programming, prepare and execute the annual membership renewal campaign and targeted membership recruitment initiatives. Additional tasks include general administrative support for the Membership & Conference Programming department and administrative support to the Senior Associate Director, Membership & Conference Programming.
Essential Job Functions
- Serve as the primary customer service representative for members of the International Society to Advance Alzheimer's Research and Treatment (ISTAART), including daily phone and electronic inquiries.
- Execute and ensure the timely delivery of membership benefits. Research and suggest member benefit enhancements and resources to the Senior Associate Director, Membership & Conference Programming.
- In conjunction with the Senior Associate Director, Membership & Conference Programming and the E-Strategy departments, coordinate the development and execution of member recruitment and retention collateral, including brochures, web site and social media communications, electronic communications and all other applicable communication materials related to ISTAART.
- Consistently maintain the membership database, including processing new member applications and renewals, the preparation of membership statistical reports and the tracking of trends. Serve as the membership liaison with appropriate internal staff, including Financial Operations and Information Technology, in order to maintain an accurate and current membership database.
- Serve as the membership liaison for Chapter Operations to provide membership reports on a monthly basis and as requested; coordinate the execution of requests from Chapters for membership marketing collateral, and other applicable needs.
- Attendance at the Alzheimer's Association International Conference is required (some international travel required for the annual conference). Travel domestically, as requested, to serve as the ISTAART representative at professional conferences and/or chapter events (only on as needed basis).
- Provide administrative support to the Senior Associate Director, Membership & Conference Programming, including making travel arrangements, coordination of meetings, teleconferences and member networking events, etc.
- Provide general office management for the Membership & Conference Programming Division, including invoice processing; coding and reconciliation of expenses for the division and Sr. AD, and general administrative support duties as needed.
- Associate's Degree required, Bachelor's preferred
- 1-2 years experience in an office setting
- Flexible work capacity to include some weekends as needed
- Detail oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as in a team setting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to learn other data management software
- Valid passport (or must procure valid passport within 3 months of start of employment)
Click here to apply
Or mail resume and cover letter to:
Send resume to:
Alzheimer's Association, Home Office
225 N. Michigan Ave, Suite 1700
Chicago, IL 60601
We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer
and we appreciate your interest in the Alzheimer's Association.