The Marketing and Communications Specialist works to support overall Chapter marketing and communications efforts under the leadership of the Executive Director which includes increased relations with constituents, measurably increases concern and awareness about Alzheimer's disease and the Alzheimer's Association, and meets the Associations strategic priorities. This is full time, benefits eligible position located in Louisville, KY.
Essential Job Functions
Communications and Marketing
- Under the direction of the Executive Director, support and coordinate Chapter efforts to raise positive awareness of the Alzheimer's Association throughout the Greater KY and Southern IN Chapter; and promote: (1) use of Association services and programs by individuals, families and professionals dealing with Alzheimer's disease and related disorders; (2) engagement in advocacy and public policy, (3) participation in constituent and relationship fund raising events, (4) acceleration of research and (5) general public concern and awareness.
- Coordinate Chapter online communication and social media activities, including via Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and other social media; Convio; and the Chapter web site, online calendars, and blog.
- Assist with media relations activities, including:
- Conduct local media outreach to promote Chapter activities including, but not limited to Chapter Advocacy Day, Advocacy Forum, The Longest Day, Walk to End Alzheimer's, National Alzheimer's Disease Awareness/National Caregivers Month and ongoing monthly programs and services.
- Coordinate fulfillment and track results of media sponsorship agreements, including providing public service announcements in requested formats and scheduling interviews for public affairs opportunities.
- Assist with graphic design and copywriting/copy editing: create flyers, brochures and other collateral
- Provide project and administrative support to the Chapter Executive Director, including coordinating collateral requests, coordinating planning and strategy sessions, and tracking/maintaining data for required reporting
- Work with the leadership team to advance the mission and priority areas of the Strategic Plan.
- Develop department work plan based on Strategic Plan and provides deliverables in plan.
- Promote the following as part of trainings and presentations: raising awareness, advocacy, research participation, increased use of Helpline and online assessment and referral programs, and early stage programs.
- Other duties as assigned
Other Job Functions
- Work closely with Chapter leadership and managers as part of a team effort to identify needs, implement new initiatives/programs and evaluate program effectiveness.
- Maintain accurate records and databases. Meet reporting deadlines.
- Participate in Chapter activities, as required, such as WALK to End Alzheimer's, Town Hall, health fairs, etc.
- Keep Executive Director and Director of Programs and Services and Special Events Manager informed of critical issues and developments and makes presentations to Board of Directors as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in communications/marketing, social work, nursing, counseling, health education, or other related field or two years equivalent or related work experience.
- Excellent writing and editing skills; knowledge of Associated Press (AP) writing style a plus
- Excellent public speaking skills and ability to represent the Alzheimer's community in a variety of settings.
- Excellent customer service skills when working with internal and external clients
- Deadline and detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Experience and comfort navigating and using social media tools
- Willingness and ability to quickly learn new software/technology
- Ability and willingness to travel within the Chapter on a limited basis
- Ability to work with diverse communities and demonstrate inclusion
- Basic knowledge of and comfort with Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Understanding email distribution tools such as Constant Contact and CRM platforms such as Convio preferred
- Understanding of search engine optimization and search engine marketing preferred
- Able to advocate and represent the Alzheimer's community in a variety of settings.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Or mail resume and cover letter to:
Send resume to:
Alzheimer's Association, Home Office
225 N. Michigan Ave, Suite 1700
Chicago, IL 60601
We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer
and we appreciate your interest in the Alzheimer's Association.