Who We Are:
The Alzheimer's Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's care, support and research. Our mission is to eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research, to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions suffering from the disease, their care givers, and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last seven years in a row.
The Communication Specialist works to support overall Chapter communications and marketing efforts for the California Southland Chapter's Communications Department. Working under the direction of the Director of Communications, in collaboration with the Executive Director, the Communications Specialist is a key contributor to the overall internal and external messaging, branding, and media communications/relations. Often working in a project management capacity, the Communications Specialist will interact with all Chapter departments and across mediums, including electronic campaigns, websites, e-news, events calendars and social media.
Essential Job Functions
- Support and coordinate Chapter efforts to raise measured awareness of the Alzheimer's Association throughout the California Southland.
- Enhance the overall public awareness of the Association to key audiences within the chapter area, with a major focus on communicating and marketing Walk to End Alzheimer's events.
- Support public relations strategies and tactics, including building positive community partnerships and elevating brand and cause awareness through various media channels.
- Design graphics and draft copy for chapter collateral for consistent branding, messaging, grammar and AP style.
- Provide project support to the Director of Communications, including coordinating collateral requests and planning and strategy sessions, as well as tracking/maintaining data for required reporting.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, public relations, journalism, or a related field
- Minimum of 2-3 years realted experience in communications
- Excellent writing and editing skills with understanding of AP style
- Excellent communications, public speaking and customer service skills
- Experience managing social media tools and campaign
- Ability to shoot film/photography and edit into social media packages
- Knowledge of Adobe graphics editing suites and Adobe Creative Suit.
- Ability to use digital strategies and tools such as Constant Contact, Convio and Wordpress
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Apps
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Ability to travel locally and regionally as needed to perform job duties
- CA Driver's license, proof of insurance, and access to dependable automobile
CLICK HERE TO APPLY