What is the NYS Coalition?
The Alzheimer’s Association, New York State Coalition is the only statewide organization supporting all New Yorkers affected by Alzheimer’s disease and all other dementia. Its members, the seven Alzheimer's Association chapters in New York State, have delivered in-depth, expert services and education to constituents for more than 30 years.
Through the work of its seven chapters, the Coalition supports the mission of the Alzheimer's Association as it leads the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia — by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
The Coalition receives support for these activities from the Alzheimer’s Community Assistance Program (AlzCAP), funded by the NYS Department of Health. The program aims to:
- Promote greater understanding of Alzheimer’s and other dementia, and the importance of early and accurate diagnosis.
- Provide individualized care planning to individuals and families affected by Alzheimer’s and other dementia.
- Offer support groups, a free 24/7 Helpline, caregiver and community education to provide necessary information, and guidance and connection to resources.
- Partner with houses of worship, senior centers, first responders, pharmacies, cultural organizations, financial planners, lawyers and many others to raise awareness of the Alzheimer’s epidemic and the services available through the Alzheimer’s Association and trusted partners.
- Hire talented, committed and diverse staff to serve all New Yorkers affected by Alzheimer’s and other dementia.
With the continued support of Gov. Kathy Hochul, the New York State Senate and Assembly, and the New York State Department of Health, the Coalition will continue to reach thousands of people who need our support and will benefit from our programs and education.
Contact Bonnie Unser, Coalition Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.