2013 Columbus Marathon ALZ Stars
Congratulations to the 14 ALZ Stars participants who collectively raised over $10,000 for the Alzheimer’s Association Central Ohio Chapter. Featured below from left to right are Cathy Geyer, Bruce Savage, Brian Smith, Kimberly Hostutler, and Michelle Crum.
What is the ALZ Stars Program?
The finish line means something different for everyone, but for ALZ Stars participants, crossing that line means having moved another step closer to a world without Alzheimer’s disease.
Founded in 2010, the Alzheimer’s Association ALZ Stars® program creates an opportunity for runners, cyclists, swimmers and triathletes to test their limits while pursuing progress in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. ALZ Stars go the distance in the fight against Alzheimer's disease, increasing awareness and inspiring others to take action.
As an ALZ Star, you will receive an official race jersey, fundraising support and, most importantly, join a community determined to leave its mark in the fight against Alzheimer’s.
Join us in the fight to end Alzheimer's, the best incentive to cross the finish line!
For more information about the ALZ Stars® program, contact Matt Levering at 614-457-6003 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ALZ Stars training program is designed to help you finish the race while simultaneously raising awareness and funds for the Alzheimer’s Association.
As an ALZ Stars INDIVIDUAL participant, you are provided with:
- Raise $600 and the Alzheimer's Assocaition will pay your registration fees!
- An ALZ Stars technical running shirt
- Expert training and coaching by the MIT Training Group.
- Fundraising techniques and support, including:
- Your own fundraising webpage
- Fundraising manual and email tips
- Support from professional fundraising staff
- Invitation to the pre-race carb-loading dinner
In exchange, ALZ Stars runners and walkers will:
- Raise funds vital to the work of the Alzheimer’s Association
- Raise awareness for the cause of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia
- Provide help and hope to the 5.4 million Americans living with Alzheimer’s disease, and support for the families who love and care for them.
Whether you are an experienced athlete or just beginning your training program, participating in ALZ Stars will increase local awareness and inspire others to take action in the fight against Alzheimer’s disease.
Interested in joining Team ALZ Stars, follow these steps:
1. Register for the Columbus Marathon/Half Marathon
2. Go to this Link, http://act.alz.org/columbusmarathon13
3. Sign up today and help end ALZ
Special thanks to our Recruitment Partner, Second Sole. Stop by Second Sole to pick up information on the ALZ Stars program and sign up today!
ALZ Stars interested in training together… visit the MIT website at http://www.trainwithmit.com/ to learn more.