The vision of the Alzheimer’s Association, Central Ohio Chapter is a world without Alzheimer’s disease. While we work to find a cure, we also strive to provide the highest quality of care for people who are affected by Alzheimer’s and related dementias. We depend on our volunteers to help us provide support and services to the community. Our volunteers carry out critical roles including supporting our special events, leading our caregiver support groups and participating in health fairs, just to name a few.
Whether you can devote a couple of hours a week, a month, or make a more significant time commitment, we hope you will consider joining our team and making a difference in our community.
The Central Ohio Chapter has many different areas of need. Please take a few minutes and browse the volunteer opportunities below. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Volunteer Coordinator Jennifer Mathews at firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-457-6003. You can fill out the volunteer application and send it to us to let us know of your interests.
We hope you will find your role as a volunteer with the Central Ohio Chapter a rewarding one. We look forward to working with you!
- Advocacy - We know that Alzheimer's disease remains one of the most critical public health issues in America. This is why we are unrelentingly advocating for public policy issues and critical research funding. Volunteers communicate with elected officials via office visits, email, petitions, etc. and participate in advocacy-related events.
- Clinical Program – Volunteers are needed to provide leadership to local support groups for Alzheimer’s caregivers, family and friends throughout the 14 counties that the Central Ohio Chapter serves. (Training provided.) Volunteers answer Helpline calls and support educational programs.
- Fundraising Events - Volunteers assist the fundraising staff in a variety of tasks associated with fundraising. Events include the WALK to End Alzheimer’s, The Longest Day, and our annual Gala.
- Health/Wellness Fairs – We need help staffing our literature/resource tables at company and organizational health fairs. Volunteers will help answer questions about our programs and services, hand out brochures, and collect information from those who are interested in being contacted by our organization.
- Library Assistant – This volunteer would be needed for 2 days a month. This person would be in charge of helping to run the library and be responsible for keeping the library clean and organized. Other duties would include ordering new books and be in charge of checking books in and out.
- Office & Administrative Support – Volunteers are needed to assist with general office and administrative duties on a weekly basis to support special events, educational programs, fundraising and general office needs.
- Outreach Support - Volunteers assist with First Friday and Education programs to ensure a successful experience for participants. Volunteers make reminder calls to registrants; prepare program handouts, act as hosts for refreshment and literature tables; assist with social engagement groups for individuals with dementia.
- Speaker’s Bureau – Volunteers deliver a variety of presentations to a wide range of audiences increasing awareness of Alzheimer’s disease and the services of the chapter. There are opportunities for week day, evening and weekend presentations. Training is required.