ABOUT WALK TO END ALZHEIMER'S
The Alzheimer's Association Walk to End Alzheimer's is our national signature event to help advance research and support for those living with Alzheimer's disease or a related dementia. The Walk brings together family, friends, caregivers and concerned community members in our 14 county service area and provides the opportunity to make a difference and provide hope to the millions affected.
The Walk to End Alzheimer's is a community event for every age and is wheelchair, stroller and dog friendly! Each Walk in Central Ohio is:
- 1-3 miles in length
- Kids activities
- Powerful opening ceremony
- Information about local chapter programs and services
- Opportunity to become involved with the Association through advocacy, volunteering or other awareness events
- Information about our Corporate Sponsors products and services
When you participate in Walk to End Alzheimer's, you help support:
- 24/7 Helpline 1-800-272-3900
- Education programs and services
- Care consultations with the Alzheimer's Association registered nurse, occupational therapist and social workers
- Caregiver support groups
- Early stage services
- Sparking Imaginations held at the Columbus Museum of Art
- Free educational literature and publications
- Information from www.alz.org/centralohio and KnowMoreAlz newsletter
- Employee wellness materials
- MedicAlert+Safe Return wandering response system
- Heatlhcare professional training
- Medical research
- Local and national advocacy
COLUMBUS HOME RUN 5K
The Columbus Home Run 5K takes place at 1 p.m. Sunday, September 13 at Huntington Park, before the 2 p.m. Walk to End Alzheimer's. Check in for both events is at noon, pre-registration online is encouraged. Although the Run is part of the Walk day activities, registration is separate and does not count toward run fundraising. The Run is presented by OhioHealth. For any questions please contact Jill Grosenheider-Rudd email@example.com or (614) 442-2012.
CORPORATE SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
For information about Corporate Sponsorship opportunities or vendor displays please contact Jill Grosenheider-Rudd at firstname.lastname@example.org or (614) 442-2012.
IN KIND DONATIONS
Walk to End Alzheimer's are widely known for being fun and festive events, thanks to hundreds of volunteers and generous contributors of in-kind donations - from food and entertainment to prizes and publicity. We are committed to keeping Walk expenses as low as possible so that all the funds raised can support local chapter services.
Please consider donating a product or service from your company and receiving recognition in the Walk day program. Contact Jill Grosenheider-Rudd at (614) 442-2012 for more information.
Each Walk to End Alzheimer's event depends on the volunteer efforts of a local steering committee to plan and coordinate numerous details such as team and walker recruitment, entertainment, food and beverages, raffle donations, registration, logistics and publicity. There is a place and role for everyone who would like to be a part of the fun.
Let us know how you'd like to help by contacting McKenzie Hopkins at email@example.com