Join the fight against Alzheimer's disease by becoming an Alzheimer's Association Cleveland Area Chapter volunteer. The first step is to complete and submit a
Volunteer Interest and Application Form - click here
We are seeking volunteers to serve as the following:
- Walk/Special Events (Link)
Assist with the planning and execution of fundraisers such as the Walk to End Alzheimer’s, The Longest Day and the A Celebration of Hope gala. Committee member tasks include recruiting team members, raising revenue, increasing awareness and implementing event activities. Other volunteers are also needed for tasks on the day of the events.
- Advocate (Link)
Help improve the quality of care and quality of life for people with Alzheimer’s disease and their families by carrying our message to elected officials at the federal, state and local levels. Communicate with elected officials via letters, phone calls and other calls-to-action, participate in area events and share your story.
- Advocate Spotlight Volunteer advocates play a critical role in helping the Alzheimer's Association advance better public policy with our state and federal leaders. Every email, tweet, phone call and meeting make a real difference. We thank all of our advocates for their commitment to the cause to help us realize a world without Alzheimer’s and all other dementia. Read this month’s spotlight here.
- Faith Outreach Representative (Link)
Be a liaison between the Alzheimer's Association and local faith groups or congregations. Share information about Alzheimer’s disease, our free resources, and ways to join our cause at local community and education events.
- Community Educator (Link)
Community Educators are volunteer public speakers who help the Alzheimer's Association raise awareness, provide education and expand the reach of educational offerings in the community. These volunteers deliver presentations using prepared training materials on topics related to Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.
- Community Representative (Link)
Community Representatives serve as an extension of local Alzheimer's Association offices at community events (i.e., health fairs, festivals, congregations, community centers, corporations) to distribute information and connect constituents with Alzheimer's Association services.
- Support Group Facilitator - Caregiver or Early Stage (Link)
Support Group Facilitators create a safe, open environment where people share their feelings, thoughts and experiences in a combined effort to better cope with and manage the shared problems of dementia.
- Healthcare Outreach Representative
Healthcare Outreach Representatives serve as liaisons between the Alzheimer's Association and healthcare providers to establish and maintain relationships to increase physician-made referrals to the Association.
To learn more, please visit volunteer.alz.org. Refer to these instructions for how to navigate this website and be sure to select the Cleveland Area Chapter when prompted.