No one should face Alzheimer's alone. Please join us for one or more of the five interactive webinars offered regularly in English and Spanish. Below, you'll find detailed information on available courses.
Interactive Calendar of Events - click to view!
10 Warning Signs of Alzheimer's
Recognize common warning signs of Alzheimer's and learn what symptoms to look for in yourself and others.
- Mon, 3/1/21 at 6:00 PM bit.ly/10WSMAR1
- Tue, 3/2/21 at 12:00 PM bit.ly/10WSMAR2
- Mon, 3/8/21 at 6:00 PM bit.ly/10WSMAR8
- Tue, 3/9/21 at 12:00 PM bit.ly/10WSMAR9
- Mon, 3/15/21 at 6:00 PM bit.ly/10WSMAR15
- Tue, 3/16/21 at 12:00 PM bit.ly/10WSMAR16
- Mon, 3/22/21 at 6:00 PM bit.ly/10WSMAR22
- Tue, 3/23/21 at 12:00 PM bit.ly/10WSMAR23
- Mon, 3/29/21 at 6:00 PM bit.ly/10WSMAR29
- Tue, 3/30/21 at 12:00 PM bit.ly/10WSMAR30
Understanding Alzheimer's & Dementia
Learn about the difference between Alzheimer's and dementia, stages, risk factors and more.
- Mon, 3/1/21 at 12:00 PM bit.ly/UADMAR1
- Wed, 3/3/21 at 6:00 PM bit.ly/UADMAR3
- Mon, 3/8/21 at 12:00 PM bit.ly/UADMAR8
- Wed, 3/10/21 at 6:00 PM bit.ly/UADMAR10
- Mon, 3/15/21 at 12:00 PM bit.ly/UADMAR15
- Wed, 3/17/21 at 6:00 PM bit.ly/UADMAR17
- Mon, 3/22/21 at 12:00 PM bit.ly/UADMAR22
- Wed, 3/24/21 at 6:00 PM bit.ly/UADMAR24
- Sat, 3/27/21 at 12:00 PM bit.ly/UADMAR27
- Mon, 3/29/21 at 12:00 PM bit.ly/UADMAR29
- Wed, 3/31/21 at 6:00 PM bit.ly/UADMAR31
Effective Communication Strategies
Learn to decode the verbal and behavioral messages delivered by someone with dementia, and identify strategies to help you connect and communicate at each stage of the disease.
- Tue, 3/2/21 at 6:00 PM bit.ly/ECSMAR2
- Fri, 3/5/21 at 12:00 PM bit.ly/ECSMAR5
- Tue, 3/9/21 at 6:00 PM bit.ly/ECSMAR9
- Fri, 3/12/21 at 12:00 PM bit.ly/ECSMAR12
- Sat, 3/13/21 at 1:00 PM bit.ly/ECSMAR13
- Tue, 3/16/21 at 6:00 PM bit.ly/ECSMAR16
- Fri, 3/19/21 at 12:00 PM bit.ly/ECSMAR19
- Tue, 3/23/21 at 6:00 PM bit.ly/ECSMAR23
- Fri, 3/26/21 at 12:00 PM bit.ly/ECSMAR26
- Tue, 3/30/21 at 6:00 PM bit.ly/ECSMAR30
Healthy Living for Your Brain and Body
Join us to learn about the latest research providing insights into how to make lifestyle choices that may help you keep your brain and body healthy as you age, and use hands-on tools to help you incorporate these recommendations into a plan for healthy aging.
Understanding and Responding to Dementia Related Behavior
Learn about some of the common triggers for behaviors associated with dementia, how to assess the person’s needs, and how to intervene effectively.
- Wed, 3/3/21 at 12:00 PM bit.ly/DRBMAR3
- Fri, 3/5/21 at 4:00 PM bit.ly/DRBMAR5
- Wed, 3/10/21 at 12:00 PM bit.ly/DRBMAR10
- Fri, 3/12/21 at 4:00 PM bit.ly/DRBMAR12
- Sat, 3/13/21 at 12:00 PM bit.ly/DRBMAR13
- Wed, 3/17/21 at 12:00 PM bit.ly/DRBMAR17
- Fri, 3/19/21 at 4:00 PM bit.ly/DRBMAR19
- Wed, 3/24/21 at 12:00 PM bit.ly/DRBMAR24
- Fri, 3/26/21 at 4:00 PM bit.ly/DRBMAR26
- Wed, 3/31/21 at 12:00 PM bit.ly/DRBMAR31
Programas en español sobre la enfermedad de Alzheimer.
Únase a nosotros para aprender más sobre la enfermedad de Alzheimer y descubrir información y recursos que puede utilizar al cuidar a su ser querido.
Lo Básico de la Demencia - En Español
Conozca las 10 Señales - En Español
Cuerpo y Cerebro Sano es Vida Sana
Comunicación Efectiva - En Español
Community Education Requests
The Dallas and Northeast Texas Chapter believes that knowledge is power. Your community can learn about the signs, symptoms, causes, treatment and care strategies as well as local resources and support for people living with memory loss, Alzheimer's disease or dementia and their care partners. Help us expand the reach of our community education by hosting one of our core presentations. Click here to submit your requests.
E-Learning Available 24/7
Visit our Training and Education Center to take free workshops about Alzheimer's disease, caregiving, healthy living and planning for the future. Examples of available courses include:
- Know the 10 Signs
- Effective Communication Strategies
- Healthy Living for Your Brain and Body
- Legal and Financial Planning
- Living with Alzheimer's series
- and more!
The Virtual Libraryis an extension of the Alzheimer's Association Green-Field Library. Search the online catalog, view resources chosen by experts, email our librarian questions and learn how to borrow materials.