Conferences and Seminars
The Alzheimer's Association Delaware Valley offers full-day Dementia Conferences and Seminars that educate hundreds of caregivers. These events have targeted sessions for family caregivers and healthcare professionals of varying skill level. We strive to meet the educational needs of the dementia community while bringing a variety of companies, support services and resources for an exceptional networking experience. We encourage you to support and attend these educational events!
DELAWARE DEMENTIA CONFERENCE
November 14, 2018
Dover Downs Conference Center
Thank you to our 400+ attendees, our Speakers, Sponsors & Volunteers for supporting this event.
Power Point Presentations are available online from the links below and will remain up for 30 days:-
- What Is The Current View on Modifiable Risk Factors for MCI and AD - J.Ellison - click here
- Elder Law Basics Foundational Estate Planning and Asset Protection Planning for Seniors - A.Woodland - click here
- Necessary Conversations for Dementia Caregivers - C.Drew and M.Ash - click here
- Promoting Cultural Sensibility Through Lifelong Learning - O.Carter-Pokras - click here
- Recognizing Pain in People with Dementia - C.Ciolek- click here
- Creating A Caregiver-Inclusive Culture - J.FitzPatrick - click here
- Navigating Communication With Different Generations Reducing Drama and Conflict in Healthcare - J.FitzPatrick - click here
- Effective Communication for Caregivers - B.Seeds - click here
- Innovative Community Responses to Dementia - M.Hanley - click here
Additional PowerPoint files will be posted as they become available. They will remain up for 30 days.
HAVE YOU ATTENDED A CONFERENCE?
Attendees and supporters love these events! Don’t miss out.
"I found it to be interesting, educational and inspiring - all the things I look for in a professional conference."
"Best Alzheimer's conference I've attended..."
"Very well organized and informative."
"Valuable information for everyday caregiving."
"Loved the handouts in the program book - excellent."
Over 230 people attended our 2ND ANNUAL SEMINAR BY THE SHORE for family members, caregivers and professionals supporting people with Alzheimer’s and other dementias on September 13 & 14, 2018 at Stockton Seaview Hotel & Country Club,
Galloway, NJ. Thank you to our panel of presenters, sponsors and volunteers who contributed to this successful event.