Thank you to all who joined us at the 20th Annual Upper Peninsula Conference!
Wednesday, July 18, 2018, 8 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
Great Lakes Rooms at Northern Michigan University
1401 Presque Isle Avenue, Marquette
Earn 3 CEs in Social Work or Nursing!
Keynote: Bruno Giordani, Ph.D. -- Alzheimer’s in 2018: Latest Advances in Diagnosis, Care, and Prevention
Associated with the University of Michigan, Michigan Alzheimer’s Disease Center for over 25 years, Dr. Giordani has a longstanding history of connecting with the community to promote a better understanding of Alzheimer’s disease and related conditions. He is the Chief of Psychology and a tenured Professor in the Psychiatry, Neurology and Psychology Departments as well as the School of Nursing and is a University Faculty Ombuds at the University of Michigan. His research initiatives focus on a cross-cultural perspective on the early assessment of cognitive and behavioral changes associated with medical illness and the interaction of cognition and mobility across the life-span. Dr. Giordani completed his MA and PhD in Clinical Psychology at the University of Virginia and received his postdoctoral training in Clinical and Research Neuropsychology at the University of Michigan.
- 8–8:40 a.m. Registration, Breakfast & Visit Vendors
- 8:40–8:45 a.m. Conference Welcome & Opening
- 8:45–10:45 a.m. Keynote: Alzheimer’s in 2018: Latest Advances in Diagnosis, Care, and Prevention - Bruno Giordani, Ph.D., University of Michigan, Michigan Alzheimer's Disease Center
- 10:45–11 a.m. Break & Visit Vendors
- 11 a.m. – Noon Non-Pharmacological Interventions for Dementia Related Behaviors - Karen Schelberg, LMSW, Alzheimer’s Association- Greater Michigan Chapter
- Noon - 12:15 p.m. Closing & Evaluations
- $35 Professional Registration
- $10 Family Caregiver and Student Registration
Share a printer-friendly conference flyer with those you think might be interested!
Questions or interested in sponsorship opportunities? Contact Jake Bilodeau at email@example.com or 906.228.3910.