Creating Meaningful EngagementPathways to Positive Dementia Care Conference
Brought to you by
Friday, Friday, November 30, 8 a.m. – 4:15 p.m.
Watermark Country Club,
5500 Cascade Rd., SE, Grand Rapids
Earn 6 CEUs in Nursing, Social Work, Nursing Home Administration, Occupational Therapy and Physical Therapy. Certificate of attendance for other disciplines including General and Recreational Therapists
Keynote: Daniel C. Potts, MD, FAAN
Respected neurologist Dr. Daniel C. Potts champions life-affirming care for those living with dementia. He is the co-author of A Pocket Guide for the Alzheimer’s Caregiver and is listed as one of Maria Shriver’s Architects of Change. On staff at Tuscaloosa VA Medical Center, Potts is also the founder and president of Cognitive Dynamics Foundation and the Medical Director for Dementia Dynamics. Through these two institutions, Potts channels inspiration and hope gained through caring for his father, Lester, who became an acclaimed watercolor artist in the throes of Alzheimer’s disease. Potts has told his father’s story of triumph, hope and creativity internationally.
- 8–8:30 a.m. Registration, Breakfast & Visit Vendors
- 8:30–10:30 a.m. Keynote – Bringing Art to Life: A Man, A Gift, A Mission - Daniel C. Potts, MD, FAAN, Attending Neurologist, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- 10:30–11 a.m. Break & Visit Vendors
- 11 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. Modifying Behaviors without Drugs - Debra L. Schutte, Ph.D., RN, Associate Professor & Director of the BioPhysical Laboratory, Wayne State University
- 12:15–1:15 p.m. Lunch & Visit Vendors
- 1:15–2:15 p.m. Break Out Session (Choose One):
- Family Dynamics - Suzann Ogland-Hand, PhD, Psychologist, Independent Practice
- Montessori Approach: Bringing Purpose to Life - Christina Turkewycz, CTRS, Certified Montessori Practitioner, Dementia Friendly Champion, Clark Retirement Community & Chris Simons, CTRS, Certified Montessori Practitioner, Dementia Friendly Master Trainer, Clark Retirement Community
- 2:30-3:30 p.m. - Break Out Session (Choose One)
- Connecting with the Person Inside the Disease - Lynn Bolt, RN, PAC, Holland Home & Rosemary Apol-Hoezee, RN, MPH, CPHRM, PAC, Holland Home
- Take a Break Before You Break - Breeda Miller, Caregiver, Author, The Caregiver Coffee Break
- 3:30-3:45 p.m. Break & Visit Vendors
- 3:45-4:05 p.m. Invigorate the Senses: Music to our Ears - Lindsey Perrault, MT-BC, Board Certified Music Therapist, Music Educator, Franciscan Life Process Center
- $80 Professional Registration ($70 Early Bird Rate ends Friday, November 8 at 5 p.m.)
- $35 Family Caregiver & Student Registration
Download a printer-friendly flyer.
For more information contact Joy Spahn at email@example.com or 616.301.3233.