With the constantly evolving COVID-19 pandemic, we recognize that these days are filled with uncertainty and stress. The Alzheimer's Association Michigan Chapter remains dedicated to serving all those impacted by Alzheimer's and other dementia. Please call our Helpline at 800.272.3900 anytime for support and assistance, and be sure to check out this short list of select Metro Detroit grocery store hours we've pulled together to assist you during this unprecedented time.
- New public hours: 9 a.m.-7 p.m. daily. Some stores may have limited hours to accommodate restocking and cleaning.
- For info: aldi.us
- New public hours: 7 a.m.-9 p.m.
- For info: buschs.com
- Special store hours for people age 60+ and those with physical disabilities. Check with local stores for hours and days.
- For info: costco.com
- Special store hours: The first hour of store hours each day will be dedicated to seniors.
- Stores will close one hour earlier than current time to allow employees to clean and restock store shelves. Regular hours vary by store.
- For info: dollargeneral.com
- Special store hours for people 65+, expectant mothers and people with compromised immune systems: 8-9 a.m. on Monday-Friday
- New public hours: 9 a.m.-8 p.m. daily
- For info: hollywoodmarkets.com
- Special store hours for people 60+, expectant mothers, first responders and those with compromised immune systems: 7-8 a.m. on Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- New public hours: 8 a.m.-9 p.m. on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and 7 a.m.-9 p.m. all other days of the week.
- For info: kroger.com
- Special store hours for people 60+ and customers with chronic health conditions, including pregnant women: 7-8 a.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Special store hours for essential service workers and Meijer team members: 7-8 a.m. on Mondays and Wednesdays.
- New public hours: 8 a.m.-10 p.m. daily
- For info: meijer.com
- New public hours: 9 a.m.-8 p.m. on Monday-Saturday and 10 a.m.-6 p.m. on Sunday.
- Pre-scheduled orders for pick up will still be available at 7 a.m. on Monday-Saturday.
- For info: samsclub.com
- Special store hours for people 60+ and customers of high risk, including pregnant women: 8-9 a.m. on Wednesdays
- Stores close at 9 p.m. daily
- For info: target.com
- Every day between 9-10 a.m., there will be an additional line outside the front door for senior customers to ensure that they will have an expedited entrance to the store.
- Public hours: 9 a.m.-7 p.m.
- For info: traderjoes.com
- Special store hours for people 60+: 6-7 a.m. on Tuesdays (or one hour before the store opening time, which may vary by location)
- New public hours: 7 a.m.-8:30 p.m.
- For info: walmart.com
- Special store hours for seniors and persons with disability: 7-8 a.m. on Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- Public store hours: 8 a.m.-7 p.m. daily
- For info: westbornmarket.com
Please note that these listings are correct as of March 23, 2020, but with the rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation, the details could change and shoppers may want to verify store hours before shopping.
- Special store hours for people 60+: 8-9 a.m.
- Public store hours: 9 a.m.-8 p.m.
- For info: wholefoodsmarket.com
The Alzheimer's Association leads the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia — by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support. Our vision is a world without Alzheimer's and all other dementia.™ For more information, visit www.alz.org or call the 24/7 Helpline at 800.272.3900.