Wellness Retreats are held at four locations annually around the Hudson Valley. Designed to provide a relaxing getaway for people with dementia and their caregivers, the retreats include respite care and fun activities for people with the disease well as separate relaxing activities for caregivers. Our wellness retreats for 2019 have ended, but please check back for future dates.
9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Monday, Sept. 14
Locust Grove Historical Site
- Featuring art therapy, caregiver massage, garden walks, mansion tours, laughter yoga, hula hooping and more
- Includes breakfast and lunch
- RSVP is required; call the Alzheimer's Association at 800.272.3900.
Stony Point Conference Center
17 Cricketown Road, Stony Point
Joint and separate activities for people
with dementia and their family caregivers
- Garden activities
- And much more!
- With complimentary breakfast and lunch
- RSVP is required; call Jody Addeo at 845.570.9067 or 800.272.3900 with questions or to RSVP.
11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Wednesday, Sept. 23
200 Hurd Road
- A relaxing day with separate and joint activities for caregivers and their care receivers.
- Breakfast and lunch are included.
- RSVP is required; call the Alzheimer's Association at 800.272.3900 to register.
Abigail Kirsch at Tappan Hill Mansion
81 Highland Ave., Tarrytown
Featured activities include:
- Chair yoga
- Pet therapy with dogs
- Music and art activities
- Food demonstrations
- Light snacks and a buffet lunch are included.
Call the Alzheimer's Association for more information at 800.272.3900.