The Alzheimer's Association Illinois Chapter hosts a research symposium every year in November to honor National Family Caregivers Month – a time to celebrate the contributions of caregivers, increase their awareness and connect them with information and resources.
By hosting this annual symposium, we have the opportunity to bring together over 300 caregivers, patients, families and healthcare professionals to learn about the latest in Alzheimer's and dementia research and the Association's role in driving and leading global research initiatives. We are also able to provide the attendees with information, tools, and resources.
Who Should Attend?
Clinical, research, and family tracks are designed for:
- Attendee with early dementia or MCI
- Family, friend, or family care partner* of person with dementia (*Non-Professional)
- Professional I (Professional caregiver, direct care staff, administrator: please note: no continuing education credits offered)
- Professional II (Health and allied health professionals with CEU or CME)
3.0 CEU, CME credits offered for attendees registered as a Professional II only. The following professionals are eligible for continuing education credit:
- Dietitian/Nutrition Counselor
- Marriage and Family Counselor
- Nurse (APN, RN, LPN)
- Nursing Home Administrator
- Occupational Therapist/COTA
- Physical Therapist/PTA
- Respiratory Therapist
- Social Worker (LSW, LCSW)
- Others, please inquire at email@example.com
Feinberg Pavilion Conference Center
251 E Huron, 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60611