Dementia Care Training
Dementia Care Training for Professional Caregivers Workshop
Working with people who have dementia is about more than redirection. It’s about understanding and interacting with another human being. The Alzheimer’s Association has received a generous three-year gift to present quarterly training to help professionals who encounter the joys and challenges of caregiving every day.
The next training will be held in Louisville - March 21, 2019.
This workshop will help professionals:
- Communicate more effectively with those who have dementia
- Understand and Respond to Dementia-Related Behaviors
- Learn techniques that make bathing those with dementia easier for the individual and caregiver
- Understand and respond to sexual needs of those with dementia
*6 CE hours available through the Kentucky Board of Nursing.
Other offerings across the state will be available April, May and June. Don’t miss out on this free training opportunity.
To register call 800.272.3900.
Stay up-to-date with In Brief, our healthcare professional newsletter.
Diagnostic & Management Tools
- Care Planning
- Cognitive Assessment
- Dementia Diagnosis
- Clinical Trials Recruiting
- CME Activities
- For Your Patients & Caregivers
Developed for professional care providers of individuals living with dementia, Alzheimer’s Association essentiALZ® is an online, individual certification program that provides recognition for knowledge of quality dementia care practices.