THE ALZHEIMER’S ASSOCIATION would like to invite you to participate in Purple Power Worship, an opportunity for your faith community to raise awareness about Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias and help members to access services.
WHY SHOULD YOUR FAITH COMMUNITY PARTICIPATE?
- Raise awareness about Alzheimer’s disease.
- Hear testimony from families in your congregation affected by the disease.
- Learn the latest information on research and public policy efforts.
- Connect congregants to valuable programs, services, and support.
- Identify members of your community to plan ongoing activities to educate and raise awareness.
TO PARTICIPATE IN PURPLE POWER WORSHIP, WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU:
- Select an individual who will represent your congregation and work to implement the Purple Power Worship event in your congregation.
- Promote the day by encouraging congregants to wear purple.
- Provide the opportunity for persons with dementia and their caregivers to share their stories.
- Host a table of resources and information before and after. Materials will be provided by the Alzheimer’s Association.
IF YOUR FAITH COMMUNITY WOULD LIKE TO PARTICIPATE IN PURPLE POWER WORSHIP, PLEASE CALL 703.766.9012 OR EMAIL MICHAEL W. WATSON.