The Alzheimer's Association premier training program uses a proactive and interactive approach to teach care professionals how to provide effective and compassionate care to people living with Alzheimer's disease and other types of dementia.
We are a licensed provider of continuing education through the California Board of Behavioral Sciences, Department of Health Services, California Board of Registered Nursing, Board of Nursing Home Administrators and the Department of Social Services for Residential Care Home Administrators
Long-term Care Training
We provide specific training for care professionals in various long term care settings including assisted living, board and care and skilled nursing facilities. The 6-hour training incorporates the Alzheimer's Association 2018 Dementia Care Practice Recommendations, a published, comprehensive review of current evidence, best practice and expert opinion.
Alzheimer's Care Academy 6 hour training: Includes all 5 topics
- AD and Related Disorders
- Positive Communication
- Successful Strategies for Behaviors
- Helping with Hygiene and Personal Care
- Sexuality, Intimacy and Dementia
The cost for a six hour training, including materials, CEU certificates and/or certificates of attendance is
$1,200 for up to 25 attendees plus travel costs. An additional fee will apply for groups greater than 25. Travel costs are calculated from our Chapter headquarters in San Jose. Training is available for groups of 15 or more. To Inquire about individual training, contact Alex Morris at 408.372.9940 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clinical Setting and Community Based Care Training
We provide specific training for care professionals in various clinical settings and community based organizations including hospitals, medical clinics, behavioral health, in-home care agencies, adult day programs, hospice and palliative care, Ombudsman, office of the public guardian and other senior service programs.
Alzheimer's Care Academy offers the following topics with CEU's.
- AD and Related Disorders (1 hour)
- Positive Communciation (1 hour)
- Successful Strategies for Behavior (2 hours)
- Helping with Hygiene and Personal Care (1 hour)
- Sexuality, Intimacy and Dementia (1 hour)
We also offer training specific for Care Managers which include the following topics:
- Role of Dementia Capable Care Managers
- Cognitive Impairment, Dementia and AD: including cognitive screening & diversity issues
- Medication Management: Including use of antipsychotics, benzodiazepines & cholinergic load
- Identifying the primary caregiver and social network
- Including self-care & issues every dementia caregiver needs to know
- Safety: Falls, wandering & mandatory reporting, including driving
- Communication and Behavior
- Palliative care: including medical tests/ procedures
- Hospitalizations: reducing ER visits and hospitalizations and coaching families through the healthcare system for optimum results
- Live Alone Safety Net Algorithm & Resources
Topics can also be tailored for the setting, program or agency. Minimum training time is 3 hours.
The cost for a three hour training, including materials, CEU certificates and/or certificates of attendance is $600 plus travel costs. Travel costs are calculated from our headquarters in San Jose. Longer courses are calculated at $200 per hour. Training is available for groups of 15 or more. To Inquire about individual training, contact Alex Morris at 408.372.9940 or email@example.com.
Translation is available in Spanish, Mandarin, or Cantonese upon request.