Wednesday, September 2, 2020
9:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Registration is now closed
Registrants were sent a Log-In and Dial-In links for all workshops via email. Links available in "Additional Conference Details" below or you may reach out in one of three ways. If you email or text, be sure to include an email address for us to resend the links.
828-577-7929 (text messages only)
Based on the guidance from local public health agencies regarding COVID-19, our annual Dementia Education Conference will now be held virtually.
Whether you are a healthcare professional, caregiver, person living with Alzheimer’s or related dementia, or a member of the general public, all are invited to our Virtual Dementia Education Conference! Come learn more about the impact of Alzheimer’s globally and locally for you and those you support and serve. Learn or refresh your caregiving practices and discover new resources.
Attendees are invited to join (via video or phone) for the entire virtual event or just the discussions that interest them most. The following event agenda, which will feature a variety of discussions led by leading experts, includes:
Advancing the Science: The Latest in Alzheimer’s and Dementia Research
Heather M. Snyder, Ph.D.
Vice President, Medical & Scientific Relations
Workshop Sessions #1
- Legal Supports for Loved Ones
- Faith Resources for Living with Dementia
- Let’s Talk About Sex: Changes to Intimacy and Sexuality with Dementia
Workshop Sessions #2
- Hospice Care – It’s About How You LIVE!
- When Care Meets Love: Rewriting Relationship Scripts and Enhancing Caregiver Connections and Communications
- The African-American Experience with Alzheimer’s and Dementia
Workshop Sessions #3
- Living with Younger-onset Alzheimer’s and Dementia, A Panel
- The Diagnostic Journey and Physician Relationships
- Beyond Public Policy: What Happens After Governments Act
International Speaker and Author
Additional Conference Details:
Interested in being a Dementia Education Conference sponsor in 2021? Contact Coury O'Donoghue at email@example.com or 980-498-7727.