Assist in the many administrative tasks needed to keep our office running smoothly, including database management, mailings, supply inventory, and special project management.
Join the fight to end Alzheimer’s disease by becoming an Alzheimer’s Association - Western Carolina Chapter volunteer. See below for opportunities that best fit your interests and availability.
Complete our Online Volunteer Application today.
Or learn more, by contacting us at email@example.com or 980.498.7723.
A real-world experience working for a not-for-profit organization and the opportunity to learn and contribute to our vision of a world without Alzheimer’s. We value everything that our interns contribute and, in return, want to create an applicable learning environment for each student and provide exposure to a variety of career tracks.
We are the largest, oldest and most trusted resource for people with Alzheimer's and their loved ones. We feature a flexible and empowering program that consistently ranks among students' preferred placement sites.
Internship openings can vary by semester and depend on each student and their particular learning objectives. Placements are competitive and limited. Students are urged to submit their application early. All Internships are UNPAID.
Applications accepted year-round for these majors/minors:
- Social Work
- Public Health
- Health Communication
- Event Planning
- Nonprofit Management
- Public Relations/Marketing/Advertising
- Graphic Design
- Positions in education, program planning, curriculum development or community mobilization
- Professional supervisor with combined experience in gerontology, social work, and dementia care
- Professional supervisor with combined experience in graphic design, event planning, public relations/marketing/advertising, and nonprofit management
- Opportunities tailored to students' interests and learning objectives
- Opportunities for both bachelor’s and master’s level students
- A valuable experience and connections for future employment
- A proven history of successful placements and student satisfaction
To be considered for an internship, fill out our Online Intern Application. If you have any questions regarding internship opportunities, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 980.498.7723.