Becoming a Caregiver Champion: Rising to the Challenge
Saturday, February 2, 2019
8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Light breakfast and lunch are included
Tarrant County College, South Campus, Student Center
5301 Campus Drive, Fort Worth 76119
Whether you are suited-up and on the field, or are in the stands cheering and offering support, we are all on the same team, advancing the fight against Alzheimer’s. We can win this game if we keep going, don’t give in and don’t back down.
The Alzheimer's Association invites you to join us at the annual, half-day seminar. Please dress casually and, if you choose, wear your favorite football team’s jersey. Social workers may receive three hours of continuing education. There is no charge to attend.
Seminar topics will include:
• Exploring Alzheimer’s disease and dementia
• How healthy lifestyle changes may lower some risk factors
• Practical tips and tools for improving communication and dementia-related behaviors
• Importance of participating in scientific research studies and engaging in Alzheimer’s advocacy efforts
• Strategies for improving self-care and reducing caregiver stress and burden
• Overview of senior care communities options and levels of care
On-site respite care is available for persons with dementia if a prior reservation is made. If interested, please contact Tia Viera at (817) 336-4949.
For more information, call Tia Viera at 817-336-4949.
Thank you to our community sponsors