Resources for Enhancing Alzheimer’s Caregiver Health (REACH) is a caregiver skill-building program. Over a six-month period, a caregiver meets one-on- one with a dementia care specialist to address issues affecting caregiver well-being such as depression, burden, stress, self-care, social support, safety and problem behaviors. This program is offered at no charge.
The program goals are to:
- Empower caregiver with skills and strategies for optimize the quality of life
- Improve overall caregiver health and depression
- Reduce feelings of stress from caregiving
- Improve caregiver’s ability to manage troubling behaviors
- Delay in institutionalization of the care recipient