Could you use extra support and guidance while caring for a loved one with dementia?
If so, the REACH program may be just what you need.
Resources for Enhancing Alzheimer's Caregiver Health (REACH) is a caregiver skill-building program which helps with the challenges of caregiving. REACH empowers caregivers through services that nourish self-esteem, increase disease knowledge and reduce stress. REACH addresses primary concerns that affect a caregiver's well-being such as dementia-related behaviors, home safety, self-care, social support and stress.
Over a six-month period, a caregiver meets one-on-one with a Dementia Care Specialist. These monthly sessions can be conducted over-the-phone or in-person and are available in English or Spanish. There is no cost to participate.
The program goals are to:
- Empower caregivers with skills and strategies to optimize quality of life
- Improve overall caregiver health and depression
- Reduce feelings of stress from caregiving
- Improve ability to manage troubling behaviors
- Delay the need to place the person living with dementia into a long-term care facility
Get connected to a Dementia Care Specialist to find out more! Complete our online referral form at alznct.news/REACH
or call us at 817-336-4949.