The Walk may be over, but the fight to end Alzheimer's continues. Please help us close the gap and reach our 2019 Walk to End Alzheimer's® fundraising goal.
Funds raised will fuel our local care, support and research & outreach efforts.
One Step Closer.
Help us reach our Walk to End Alzheimer's chapter-wide fundraising goal of $1.1 million this year!
The Alzheimer’s Association Walk to End Alzheimer’s is the world’s largest event to raise awareness and funds for Alzheimer’s care, support and research.
Fundraising is open until December 31. Make a one-time donation today to bring us one step closer to a world without Alzheimer's disease!
Registered Walk Participant Matching Gift Campaigns
Did you participate in one of our 2019 Walk to End Alzheimer's events? Thanks to the generosity of several donors, we are running matching gift campaigns for our Walk to End Alzheimer's events in Oregon & Southwest Washington. This is a great opportunity for you to meet (or exceed) your individual or team fundraising goal, while also helping advance care, support and research for all those impacted by Alzheimer's disease and other dementias in our area!
Walk to End Alzheimer's Portland
Make a gift before December 3 and your individual or team contribution will be matched dollar-for-dollar up to $15,000.*
This matching gift is made possible thanks to the generosity of Ruth Layton. Portland resident, Ruth Layton, has her own very special reason to end Alzheimer’s – her late husband, Rex. She understands all too well the devastating impact of this disease on families and caregivers, as she experienced it directly after her husband’s diagnosis of Alzheimer’s more than 15 years ago.
Walk to End Alzheimer's Vancouver, Central Oregon, Southern Oregon, Roseburg, Eugene and Willamette Valley
Make a gift before December 3 and your individual or team contribution will be matched dollar-for-dollar up to $10,000.*
This matching gift is made possible thanks to the generosity of Joan Facey. Joan was a forward thinker, one of the first female engineers to graduate from Drexel University in Philadelphia, kicking off a long and successful engineering career. Known for her desire to help others, relentless spirit and commitment to health and well-being, Joan also left a legacy of charitable giving.
*The match to your donation will be reflected wherever you make your donation. For example, if you donate $50 to your individual Walk to End Alzheimer's fundraising page, $50 will be credited to that page. Contact Kara Griffey with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-416-0209.
This holiday season, follow in Ruth and Joan's footsteps and bring us one step closer to a world without Alzheimer's disease!
Where do these funds go?
The Alzheimer's Association® is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's and dementia care, support and research efforts. With your help, we can provide and enhance our services.
- Early-Stage Programs; designed for people in the early stages of memory loss and their care partners, these programs off meaningful social, creative and emotional outlets.
- 24/7 Helpline & Care Consultations; providing around the clock support & resources to individuals, families, health care professionals or anyone affected by Alzheimer's or another dementia.
- Support Groups; held in person and via telephone, our support groups are a free, confidential emotional and social support network for caregivers and people living with memory loss.
- Educational Programs; online and in person, we offer hundreds of classes throughout Oregon & Southwest Washington.
- Research; as the largest nonprofit funder of Alzheimer's research, the Association is committed to accelerating the global progress of new treatments, preventions and, ultimately, a cure.
Fundraising continues through December 31, 2019. Thank you for helping us get one step closer to our vision of a world without Alzheimer's.